Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

boiler problem

• 05-05-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi, the boiler in our camper is leaking water from the clear overflow pipe and the water pump keeps cutting in every 10 mins or so, any idea what is the cause?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

macpete wrote: »
    hi, the boiler in our camper is leaking water from the clear overflow pipe and the water pump keeps cutting in every 10 mins or so, any idea what is the cause?

Is the water from the overflow hot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

the valve in the overflow is either shot , or has a piece of limescale stuck in it .
    It's actually a pressure relief valve , it lets out a little water only when the water in the Boiler expands as it heats . The pump shouldn't be able to beat it .

FYI , it has a 2nd function also , it lets air into the boiler when you open the drain valve , to empty it faster .

Take it off and try steep it in de-scaler.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

Thanks for the advice Aidan, I will have a go at it tomorrow, have you got the valve in stock if i need one Aidan? Keep up the great work on the Tips!!!!!

no prob , happy to help .
    I'd say we'd have one , if not I'd have it in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

Update, had a look at the valve yesterday, took it out and soaked in lime descaler and refitted the valve and all is working 100%. Once again a big Thank you to Aidan for your help!!!!:D

• Advertisement

macpete wrote: »
    Update, had a look at the valve yesterday, took it out and soaked in lime descaler and refitted the valve and all is working 100%. Once again a big Thank you to Aidan for your help!!!!:D

Excellent , delighted that worked . As anyone who knows me will attest to , I prefer repairing things than replacing them .:)

Advertisement