Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sisters pondless waterfeature

• 05-05-2011 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭

hi ,here are some photos of the cons of my sisters diy pondless waterfall that i built for her. ponddigger:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi more photos

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭davehey79

looks brilliant. thinking of something like this meself but have no idea where to start any chance you could send me on details ponddigger??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Post them here rather than sending them by PM, lots of other people would be interested in reading about this.

hi all.dig hole 6 ft by 4ft by 2 ft deep.lined it with old carpet first to protect liner.now put in the ruber liner.put in a 12inch pipe in the hole to house the pump .nowfillthe hole with 2inch round stone, round stone so a not to cut the liner.put your pump into the pipe in the hole and connect your 1 and half pipe to the pump. fill the hole with water.more to follow...yours ponddigger

• Advertisement

:eek:hi ,a few things i left about the bason or hole.the soil or clay you dig out of the bason ca be used for the cons of the waterfall.the pipe u use the house the pump ,you have to drill holes in the pipe to let water into the pipe for the pump to work.the liner should extra long where you are building the waterfall so that the liner from the waterfall over lapped it. yours ponddigger

hi,now for the waterfall,you use the clay from the bason to make base of the waterfall.you dig out steps in the clay to make little falls for the stream.put in your rubber liner for the stream.hide the liner with stone and gravel to make it look more natural.put in your waterfallbox at the top of the stream. look at photo.connect your 1 half inch pipe into the waterfall box:confused: yours ponddigger

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

very good i would take the stones out and have an open pond with plants and maybe some small fish.when it is planted up with grasses ferns bamboos a bit of colour it will be lovely well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Hi Ponddigger, Nice Job well done. Can you tell us where do you get the pond liner and the pump , also what size is the pump, thanks

hi sky6.you can buy in england of a website.a lot less than here tours ponddigger:D

• Advertisement

hi all here are a few photos of a pondless waterfall that i helped to build with my buddie sean in holycross. yours :p

hi all more photos yours ponddigger:rolleyes:

hi ,here are some photos of my own little 8ft by 6ft with waterfall on edge pond. yours ponddigger:P

hi this is where i saw my pondless waterfall installed in the usa 3 years ago ,at my friends house.allthe parts come in one box,called a pondless kit:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 the spout

hi ,now i know why you are called ponddigger.super work:) jim

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

+1 to the above.

Super work indeed.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Hi Pondigger, Terrific work and great pictures. It's a credit to your talents.
    I bet her indoors is well pleased with you.
    Was hoping to get mine done this year but all the Rain held work up, So I will have to wait until next year. But please keep the photos coming.

Advertisement