Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes your pet unique?

• 05-05-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭

As above....What makes your pet....YOUR pet!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

He lifted his leg on a squad car one day when we were out for a walk....Thats my boy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

Her ears they nearly touch, people often say we know who is coming cause we no ur dogs ears...shepard with tops of ears nearly touching due too lots of upward clasping of hand for affection...also she is always told she gourgous by strangers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Everything! I love watching him run, what coulod be nicer than watching a basset run whilst their ears do pendulums and he keeps nearly falling over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

He has a black mark on his head and bandy legs lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Sadly gone to Rainbow Bridge now but she (springer spaniel) used to lick clean ALL the lower presses in the kitchen in hopes of finding a dribble of chicken grease or some other such tasty treat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Our dog whines whenever she hears the indicator in the car, gets all excited and if you say "Where are ya Pop?" she sniffs the air and whines even more if she knows she's going to the woods/lake/park etc :) And if you ask her does she want a treat she nods her head and says "Yep" in low barky tones :o

The cat likes to knead where he's going to lie down, like most cats, but he also likes to knead the dog's face or thigh with his hind paws, she just looks beseechingly at us like "What is he doing?!".

Also the two of them have epic battles at 7pm and 11pm EVERY night, the cat is pinned down, the dog puts her entire mouth around the cat's head, and the cat gets all boxer like with his flailing paws, would love to get it on video but they're both totally black so can't see it properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

When I hang out the washing my 12wk old collie sits under the washing line, then gets comfy and goes to sleep.
    She only does this when there is something on the line. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Whenever we let her out in the morning, or come home after being out, our 5 month lab puppy feels the need to pick up the nearest thing to her and carry it around following us :D

It's mostly her blanket, or a toy, but sometimes her whole bed or a sofa cushion! It's like, "look what I made while you left me all alone!" What's even funnier is sometimes it's a cloth shopping bag and she tries to walk while standing on it coz its so big, and then wonders why she's not moving! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Has peed on a 5 year old :p
    Is more like a cat than a dog.
    Barks at the door only when there is people in the house, he doesn't bother to bark if theres no one to impress :rolleyes:
    Steals food all the time and everyone can tell if he has done something wrong as he puts his guilty face on :D
    Is very spoilt :o
    Is the most loved dog evverr!! :D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Maine Coon- sleeps with his paws around my arm so I cant move it (or if my arms are under the blankets, he'll try and sleep on my neck!! he's almost a stone in weight!!) He has also jumped on my head from the stairs

Moggy 1- likes to come into the living room and climb into the coal bucket? And then just sits there for hours staring at us.:confused:

The pup- likes to stand up with his front paws on the windowsill outside the kitchen looking in if you're doing the washing up. He also has a habit of drooling on my laptop keyboard >.< In the vets for a checkup, i picked up a leaflet about cat kidney problems and the instant i opened it, he grabbed it off me, chewed it up and spat it out on the floor. As if to say, "I have to put with the cats at home, I'm not putting up with anything cat-related here!!" Needless to say, the vet was in hysterics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

My Coonie is trained to use our own loo. Usually when I'm in the shower I can hear him peeing in the toilet.......................he has a much better aim then my hubby :D028.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

My lurcher, Cleo, is missing a hind leg but runs like a rocket (just don't expect any sharp turns :)

My collie, Freya, is known for her OCD about tennis balls by friends, family, the people in the local village and by the clients where I work lol

Our latest adoptee, a 4yo dobie called Snoop, came from a nasty background and had forgotten what fun is. He's reminds me of Eeyore off winnie the pooh - droll!

My persian, Heidi, is a psycho - have had her since a kitten, she'll approach us sometimes, but if you move towards or look at her, she flees as if her tail was on fire.

My ginger tabby, Jummy, is the ultimate not-so-wild cat, he'll catch dust bunnies or the occasional previously injured moth and parade them like a lion with an impressive kill.

I'm currently fostering a semi-feral cat and her kitten. The mother, dubbed Mona, will hiss insanely as you approach their crate, but just as you reach the door she has started dropping on her back and purring crazily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Our parrot will only have a bath after his cage is cleaned out and the hoover has to be on. He also knows all of the dogs names and will give out to them if they're misbehaving :p

Minnie one of the JRT, sounds like she is being tortured when she gets near a cat

Kerrie another one of the Jacks cries like a baby when she hears any of our cars coming home.

Jazz yet another Jack is known around here for walking around with her frisbee around her neck like a necklace.

and finally we have Boe our springer he is only just learning how to play but he absolutely adores his treat dispensing toy and will spend hours chasing it around the room even after it's empty. He spent 30 minutes this morning trying to get it back from under the parrots cage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Spadina wrote: »
    Our dog whines whenever she hears the indicator in the car, gets all excited and if you say "Where are ya Pop?" she sniffs the air and whines even more if she knows she's going to the woods/lake/park etc :)
    Thats very interesting as my 2 dogs do the same. It's as if they can sense exactly when the turn off to the woods is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

my cat chased a dog out of the garden today - neighbours Westie, ran for his life:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

ny lab x mastiff can clear a room with one fart:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

also ya have to spell W A L K in my house because if you say it they go insane and ya have to bring them
    and have a free range gerbil that escaped 2 months ago but we cross paths every now and then cant seem to catch the little fooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

pokertalk wrote: »
    also ya have to spell W A L K in my house because if you say it they go insane and ya have to bring them

Same here, and if I pick up my keys and/or handbag the dog gets all excited, hate breaking it to her that she can't come into town with me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

pokertalk wrote: »
    and have a free range gerbil that escaped 2 months ago but we cross paths every now and then cant seem to catch the little fooker

Yep, same here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

What makes Boo unique? :p

162723_137517386303517_100001357696379_172010_2646384_n.jpg

206360_165816670140255_100001357696379_327878_4718036_n.jpg

163598_140962205959035_100001357696379_187721_4478481_n-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

^^That is hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

My rebel has the best shiny coat i've ever seen! :)

Also, when we pop to the shop, she will sit and look out the window (shops across the road) on top of "her" seat and when we come back will always give us a wee huff.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

sotisme wrote: »
    Has peed on a 5 year old :p
    Is more like a cat than a dog.
    Barks at the door only when there is people in the house, he doesn't bother to bark if theres no one to impress :rolleyes:
    Steals food all the time and everyone can tell if he has done something wrong as he puts his guilty face on :D
    Is very spoilt :o
    Is the most loved dog evverr!! :D:D

He growls, whenever somebody enters the front garden. I guess, he is more like a dog than a cat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orbiter

He loves me unconditionally :o

As soon as he hears someone chopping veg he's up and out to the kitchen like a light, his favourite foods are bananas and red peppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

She's a golden retriever who doesn't like water or won't play fetch....

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

boomerang wrote: »
    What makes Boo unique? :p

162723_137517386303517_100001357696379_172010_2646384_n.jpg

206360_165816670140255_100001357696379_327878_4718036_n.jpg

163598_140962205959035_100001357696379_187721_4478481_n-1.jpg

How long he/she stay attached to the branch? This is without a doubt amazing and original!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Her personal best is 11 seconds :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

boomerang wrote: »
    Her personal best is 11 seconds :D

class!!:D

Advertisement