Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migraine

Options
  • 05-05-2011 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi everyone, time for my first post! :)

i have been suffering from migraines for 14 years now. they vary in severity but generally i am given morphine to combat the pain during an attack. what i want to know is, is this normal and does anyone out there suffer from them in a similar way, i loose motor function during attacks, and they last days on end 2-5days, and i have no memory of the days before and after in most cases. i only ask now because i am after a fairly big attack and am being seen by a neurologist in 2 weeks, the waiting list is apparently 18months to 2 years! i have been living with daily headaches for the last 14 years but somehow feel like i'm making a big deal out of this, not looking for sympathy guys, just want to know if anybody suffers in a similar way or if they know someone that does.

thanks for taking the time to read guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Hi there,
    I was recently diagnosed with migraine. I have been experiencing various neurological symptoms and had an MRI as they actually thought that I has MS. I have been seen by 3 neurologists in the past 8 weeks. It has been decided that I've been suffering from persistent 'aura' type migraines and I've been put on prothiaden.

One of the neurologists thinks that I have been suffering from migraine for the past 8 years but it was never diagnosed. Some plaques showed up on my brain on the MRI and he thinks they were a result of having untreated migraines for so many years.

It's only now that I realise what a big deal migraine is, people are too quick to brush it off and most don't realise the severity.

Good luck with your neurologist. Who are you seeing may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jullins

cheers for the good luck wishes, its either orla hardiman or dr rutridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

when you go bring a book or music or something with you. I waited 5 hours for my appointment in there, lucky they told me there could be a "bit of a wait" as I came prepared. mind you I was sorry I didn't bring a sleeping bag and a pillow:p

as regards the headaches I have very similar to you. rarely one full day without headaches/numbness/migraine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 p.dowdall

hi there its my first post on this site
    about a month ago i started getting these random sharp pains in my left temple which come randomly during the day and they only last about 1-3 seconds and havent moved to any other areas. could they be linked to migraines

Advertisement