Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish broadcasts

• 06-05-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Been watching Doctor Who on and off for the past few years, don't remember the original run apart from a few Tom Baker episodes shown on Gold about 3 years ago. Does any one know if the series has ever been broadcast by RTÉ? I know TV3 showed (new) series 1 and 2 back in 2007, unless I'm mistaken they seem to have stopped after that. I think it was originally shown on Saturday nights but later seemed to be on late on a weekday (Thursday?) night. Did RTÉ ever show the original run? Has the 1996 movie ever been shown? Given the popularity of the series since its revival I'm kind of surprised one of the Irish channels hasn't picked it up, we seem to show nearly all the other things the British churn out (soaps, X-factor, ugh).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

TnaG showed the show from the begining of the Pertwee era yonks ago in the early 00's I know it got as far as series 10. Was originally on a Friday then moved to a Sunday.

Advertisement