Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB rollout date for Sallins?

Options
  • 06-05-2011 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi,

Can you give me a date for when NGB will be rolling out to Sallins Exchange in Kildare please?
    On the NGB site, it shows my area as being NGB enabled & migrated, but my router says otherwise? :confused:

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

Can you give me a date for when NGB will be rolling out to Sallins Exchange in Kildare please?
    On the NGB site, it shows my area as being NGB enabled & migrated, but my router says otherwise? :confused:

Thanks,
    Hi ninjasurfer
    no problem, can you PM me your tel. no so I can confirm exchange and will post response here as soon as possible.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

PM sent.

Thanks for the update pm, Tony.

Thanks for the update pm, Tony.

No problem ninjasurfer. Let me know if any delay.
    Tony

Hi,

Is there any update on the original May/June timeline for Sallins to be upgraded to NGB?

Is it still on track for June?

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Hi,

Is there any update on the original May/June timeline for Sallins to be upgraded to NGB?

Thanks,

Hi ninjasurfer1
    have not been advised otherwise, will check again for you though.
    Tony

Hi,

Thanks,

yes ninjasurfer1
    still on track for June.
    Tony

yes ninjasurfer1
    still on track for June.
    Tony

Hi,

It's now July and my router is still displaying a 3MB connection.

Can you please confirm that Sallins exchange was converted to NGB within June as previously stated?

If it is, how will i know? (As i never received a letter or any correspondance on the planned upgrade).

If not, can you give me an updated target date for NGB to be rolled out to Sallins?

Thanks,

p.s. the NGB site is still showing Sallins as NGB enabled (as it has for the last several months?).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Hi,

It's now July and my router is still displaying a 3MB connection.

Can you please confirm that Sallins exchange was converted to NGB within June as previously stated?

If it is, how will i know? (As i never received a letter or any correspondance on the planned upgrade).

If not, can you give me an updated target date for NGB to be rolled out to Sallins?

Thanks,

p.s. the NGB site is still showing Sallins as NGB enabled (as it has for the last several months?).

Greystones in Wicklow is down for Dec 2010 - Mar 2011. Still waiting. The guys on this forum have advised me it'll be the Autumn now, but I can't say i'm overly confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

eigrod wrote: »
    Greystones in Wicklow is down for Dec 2010 - Mar 2011. Still waiting. The guys on this forum have advised me it'll be the Autumn now, but I can't say i'm overly confident.

Hi eigrod,

There has been a delay with the roll-out of NGB. We have been told by the NGB roll-out team that as soon as they are sure of an activation date for NGB in Greystones they will let us know and we will post here.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi,

Is there a new date for NGB to be rolled out to Sallins?

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi,

Is there a new date for NGB to be rolled out to Sallins?

Thanks,

Hi ninjasurfer1,

Thanks for post.

The latest information I have on Sallins, is that the exchange is that in the process of being migrated to NGB. However your own phoneline has not been upgraded as yet.

As soon as the service is available you will be automatically upgraded to Next Generation Broadband at no added charge.

As advised earlier we will post here if we have any further update.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i was wondering if there is any update on the Sallins NGB upgrade?

Its showed as migrated since i checked in early May, but i have not heard anything on it since the last post.

You mentioned in another thread that we can directly request our telephone numbers to be migrated. Is that done through yourselves here or is there another site I can do this at?
    Would this allow me to get my paws on NGB earlier than waiting until my line is upgraded via the normal process? :)
    "However customers can directly request to be migrated to the NGB online or through our broadband sales. If you PM your telephone number I can test the bandwidth capacity on your line"
    Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i was wondering if there is any update on the Sallins NGB upgrade?

Its showed as migrated since i checked in early May, but i have not heard anything on it since the last post.

You mentioned in another thread that we can directly request our telephone numbers to be migrated. Is that done through yourselves here or is there another site I can do this at?
    Would this allow me to get my paws on NGB earlier than waiting until my line is upgraded via the normal process? :)

Thanks,

Hi ninjasurfer1,

The Sallins exchange in Kildare has been NGB enabled and the majority of people have been migrated.

However as you are on the ambassador programe you can't issue the order normaly.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement