Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnLive - it actually works!

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

I just signed up and played a few demos of games I already own. Such as Metro 2033, Dirt 3 and Mafia II.

The service is very interesting in that it works much better than I expected. The problem is that if you already have a gaming pc, its a total waste of time. The resolution is low and the textures are blurry. When looking at the menu screens, you can see all the jagged edges on the text.

Im used to playing at 2560x1440 with everything set to maximum, so its a huge letdown. Although I guess they are not trying to target my audience. I read that they are able to increase the resolution to 4k, which is the same as Avatar was in 3D in the cinemas! I dont have a monitor capable of displaying that, but if thats the furutre, then thats great. I have 100MB fibre from UPC and there was still a little lag. Until this is improved, it will only be good for casual gaming, nothing close to competative.

I have a Logitech Chillstream controller which is in their list of supported controllers, yet it had a problem with it and didnt work.

Another point, is the fact that I like to buy computer tech, I enjoy the entire process and I use my pc for a lot more than just gaming. So for me, I have no interest.

I went onto the online chat facility on their site to ask a few questions, but I tried four times and there was never anyone available and there isnt any queuing system.

Thats the last I will use it unless its improved. Great concept though.

Advertisement