Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AoE Online beta

Options
  • 06-05-2011 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So yesterday the beta was posted on the games for windows marketplace, but you have to get the GFW client to install & play it.

My first impressions.. I'm not impressed :p

I haven't done a whole lot in it but it doesn't 'feel' like an Age of Empires game at all. It actually kinda reminds me of WoW with the quests, quest givers & theres the chat windows as well where people try to sell stuff. The tutorial thing at the beginning is really boring. The graphics are quite good albeit a bit cartoony, but I like them (everythings a bit block up close though)

I loved the older Age of Empires games, especially Age of Mythology and I was so looking forward to this game.
    Well, for me anyways its back to prayin for an Age of Empires 4 or a new Age of Mythology game :(

So, did anyone else grab the beta? What do ye think of it?

Advertisement