Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May Madness Meetup Thread!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

The bierhaus sound like fun - never been there or even heard of it before but I like the name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

zeusnero wrote: »
    The bierhaus sound like fun - never been there or even heard of it before but I like the name :)

A house of beer... how could that ever be bad? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

jujibee wrote: »
    A house of beer... how could that ever be bad? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Molasses_Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

tommy21 wrote: »
    Thread seems to be gathering a bit of pace at last! Maybe it could be stickied?

Thread stickied. Enjoy the meetup everyone! :) you are going to love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Will there be some sort of an initiation? :(

Yes, you gotta buy me lots of drinks!!! I like my beer green, thanks very much.:D:p

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    Thread stickied. Enjoy the meetup everyone! :) you are going to love it!

Aws and you're gonna miss it... :(

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Aws and you're gonna miss it... :(

I'll be there in spirit hun :)

Tommy21 - Watch out for Cadyboo, she bites but it feels so good :o
    ah no she is a sweetheart, you won't forget her :)

I'll be there in spirit hun :)

Tommy21 - Watch out for Cadyboo, she bites but it feels so good :o
    ah no she is a sweetheart, you won't forget her :)

Cheek of you!!!! Lol.:D
    Aws, is that won't forget her in a good or bad way, Mr. Tut..:rolleyes::p

You will have to let us know when you are coming back for a weekend and we can organise a night out!

Yes, you gotta buy me lots of drinks!!! I like my beer green, thanks very much.:D:p

Well sure, it will be when it exits ....:eek:

Ahhh...memories :D

greenbeer.jpg

• Advertisement

Cheek of you!!!! Lol.:D
    Aws, is that won't forget her in a good or bad way, Mr. Tut..:rolleyes::p

You will have to let us know when you are coming back for a weekend and we can organise a night out!

In a good way of course ;) yup I'll let you know!!
    Well sure, it will be when it exits ....:eek:

Don't make her angry!! :D
    Ahhh...memories :D

greenbeer.jpg

Looks like washing up liquid....*pukes*

I might have to work friday night now but keep me down for tentative :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

bring the work to the pub?

That would be awesome! I would love to be able to do conference calls from the pub :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Any sign of Mudokon coming??

Not sure I'll make this, trying to get Saturday off work so I can watch the CL final. If that happens I'll join you on Friday.

So who's in so? Head count!

Attention 1st time meetup people!!

We have a facebook page which we use to share photos taken at the meetups (we don't take photos at all of them) and also to send invites for future meetups which are always organised through boards.

To join you have to have been to at least 1 meetup so if any of you want to join PM me your e-mail address and full name and I'll send you a request after it is confirmed that you actually went to the meetup.

I might have to work friday night now but keep me down for tentative :(

Oh no.. stoopid work. Hope you can make it though!

Im going!
    Miss Shadow.
    Anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'll pop in for a pint or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

I'll be there!! Will probably be on time too :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I miss the boozy Bróg nights :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Could make my first appearance tonight :eek: So the venue is the Bierhaus but what's the ETA? Could the OP be edited to include this info so that potential attendees don't have to trawl throught the whole thread to find out?

Ok so for people who don't want to trawl through the thread.

Bierhaus from 8.30pm tonight!

If people could let us know who is going so that we can keep a lookout for them, thanks! Or pm for a number.:D

I am 90% likely to make it now :D

Looking unlikely I can make it now, will try get in for a pint though! If not given June is such a long month I suggest an early and late meetup during the month?:) If I can get in for one I'll give you a shout wispy.

Lemag wrote: »
    Could make my first appearance tonight :eek: So the venue is the Bierhaus but what's the ETA? Could the OP be edited to include this info so that potential attendees don't have to trawl throught the whole thread to find out?

Hope you can make it!
    I am 90% likely to make it now :D

Yeah!!!!!:D
    Looking unlikely I can make it now, will try get in for a pint though! If not given June is such a long month I suggest an early and late meetup during the month?:) If I can get in for one I'll give you a shout wispy.

Ah come on now, you were mad for it all week. Are you getting nervous??;):p

Id say two in one month would be a long shot, but sure we can see how people are fixed.

I miss the boozy Bróg nights :(

and I miss Lola :(
    Looking unlikely I can make it now, will try get in for a pint though!

You must go! Don't make cadyboo angry!!

You must go! Don't make cadyboo angry!!

Stop you already scared him away!!:p

Hope you can make it!

Yeah!!!!!:D

Ah come on now, you were mad for it all week. Are you getting nervous??;):p

Id say two in one month would be a long shot, but sure we can see how people are fixed.

I wish! Our sewer system has decided to pack it in. Thought there was an odd smell earlier, went out and looked in and saw there was a week's worth of ... well you know what I mean! Lucky I caught it before it decided to back up into toilets. We have a submersible pump that is supposed to chew everything up and pump it up to the main sewer on the road but its become jammed. Spent a nice hour there know pulling it up through five feet of excrement to attempt a repair. This always happens at worse time, bloody 3pm on a Friday meaning tough to get anyone on weekend. There's a chance a guy can up tonight to take a look so have to hang around for him, but depending on when he gets here and whether I can cleanse myself enough ;) I might yet make it in. Fcuk sake like, 3rd time this happened in about 4 years. We had to buy a new pump last time costing 1100 only 14 months ago so if its a defect I'll be beating down their door - could be worse, last time it went, it was 2 days before Christmas so we just bit bullet and bought brand new one to save Christmas. Bloody council screwed up our original sewer system (the old french style ones probably like the ones most of you have) when they were doing building works on Summer HIll, caused our connection to the road to cave in and this seemed like the least expensive way out as they would not take responsibility (3 pumps later, maybe not :P)

Bet ye weren't expecting to read about my boring plumbing woes here haha! Unfortunate timing as after today I could use a bloody strong drink and all. So hope to see ye all later, if not,next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Bet ye weren't expecting to read about my boring plumbing woes here haha! Unfortunate timing as after today I could use a bloody strong drink and all. So hope to see ye all later, if not,next time!
    Only if you agree to be quarantined. Lousy luck, btw.

Advertisement