Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky price freeze+currently on half price deal.

• 06-05-2011 8:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Rang Sky in March,threatening to switch to UPC,they offered me my package for 6 months at half price,€36 instead of €72.So,I took up the offer.Now Sky say- "So you can rest assured knowing your current Sky TV price will remain the same until 2013."Does that mean I keep paying €36 until 2013?Or will it revert back to €72 when 6 months is up?I couldn't be arsed spending a fortune ringing them to find out so hoping somebody here will know!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

toby2111 wrote: »
    Rang Sky in March,threatening to switch to UPC,they offered me my package for 6 months at half price,€36 instead of €72.So,I took up the offer.Now Sky say- "So you can rest assured knowing your current Sky TV price will remain the same until 2013."Does that mean I keep paying €36 until 2013?Or will it revert back to €72 when 6 months is up?I couldn't be arsed spending a fortune ringing them to find out so hoping somebody here will know!

I did the exact same thing back in February but I was given 12 months at half price. :)

I'm assuming what they're saying is that there wont be any price increases for any customers not on a special offer until 2013.Im guessing it'll be going back to the €72 when the 6 months is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I'll move to UPC so if they dont extend that deal,€72 is way too much to pay for crap TV.And is it true that UK subscribers pay £52(which is about €58) for the top package?While we pay €72??How can that be allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'll move to UPC so if they dont extend that deal,€72 is way too much to pay for crap TV.And is it true that UK subscribers pay £52(which is about €58) for the top package?While we pay €72??How can that be allowed?

That would be great logic-move to a company that has a significantly worse tv service.Why not just dump the stuff you don't watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I watch mostly sports,she watches mostly movies-so I'm not really gonna save a lot by dumping a few of the €2 packs.Heard UPC customer service is pretty awful but have they not got a new boss who's gonna give Sky a run for their money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You'll pay more with UPC for sports and movies and recieve less - and very little HD. The only reasons to move are: excellent broadband & cheaper multi-room.

I think moving just for their TV service alone would be a mistake.

Sky are very unlikely to honour your half price deal until 2013. That offer refers to the standard pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

And is it true that UK subscribers pay £52(which is about €58) for the top package?While we pay €72??How can that be allowed?

It's what the market (us) will pay, so Sky continue to charge it. There's no law against it. By the way - they also get free broadband and more channels in the UK for the same price.

At todays exchange rate, the price difference between the Sky World pack here and in the UK (when including HD) is 30%.

However, UPC in Romania sell 120mb broadband for €12/per month (before tax) - so keep that in mind! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I watch mostly sports,she watches mostly movies-so I'm not really gonna save a lot by dumping a few of the €2 packs.Heard UPC customer service is pretty awful but have they not got a new boss who's gonna give Sky a run for their money?

Heard her interview yesterday on The Last Word.She couldn't answer any questions put to her on UPC's inferior tv service and kept deflecting the questions back to broadband.Wouldn't count on any improvement in their tv service tbh.
    When Sky roll out Anytime+ to everyone with internet access it will be a killer for UPC regarding tv.
    A mix of Sky for tv and UPC for broadband is the best option and one that a lot of people are taking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

And is it true that UK subscribers pay £52(which is about €58) for the top package?While we pay €72??How can that be allowed?

Sky World Pack in the UK is £52,its 76 euro in Ireland.Rip Off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

I canccelled Sky today and all I was offered was €5 of the muti room for 6 months, told them that's not much of an offer to make me stay so keep on cancelling.

Now to find alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Dymo wrote: »
    I canccelled Sky today and all I was offered was €5 of the muti room for 6 months, told them that's not much of an offer to make me stay so keep on cancelling.

Do you mind me asking how much you were paying per month? Seems like the more you pay per month the better the 'please stay' deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I've UPC Broadband and Sky Tv. I used have UPC Tv but it was useless, saying "no signal received" waaaay too much for my liking so got sky and never looked back since. I rang Sky the otherday to cancel as there'll be no one around to watch tv for the next 4 months and they offered TV at half price (€12.50) for 6 months. I wouldnt mind a price freeze on that now but that'd be wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭kaerobe

Dymo wrote: »

Rang up today. Was paying for all entertainment packs plus Multiroom and 1 HD package. Over 63€ in total. Been with Sky for at least a decade. Got offered 7€ off my package for 6 months. IMO its pathetic. Early Sky+ and HD adopter.... 7 euro off? Thats only 25% off the 6 Mixes, No Discount on Multiroom or HD....

They have 30 days, or else I get myself Freesat HD and the Saorview attachment for the PS3

kaerobe wrote: »
    Rang up today. Was paying for all entertainment packs plus Multiroom and 1 HD package. Over 63€ in total. Been with Sky for at least a decade. Got offered 7€ off my package for 6 months. IMO its pathetic. Early Sky+ and HD adopter.... 7 euro off? Thats only 25% off the 6 Mixes, No Discount on Multiroom or HD....

They have 30 days, or else I get myself Freesat HD and the Saorview attachment for the PS3
    When it comes to their long term customers they usually do dam all for you. I was with them for 12 years and my plus box broke, wanted €259 from me for a replacement box and installation fee, they would do nothing for me on the cost so I cancelled and got the wife to sign up. Got a new HD+ box, multiroom box all installed for €49 and the package for half price for 12 months, go figure :rolleyes:

Advertisement