Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bike!

• 06-05-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Finally got the bike i wanted from the start 00 CBR 600 :cool: *cough* f *cough*

Such a change from what im used to but looking forward to getting out and relearning how to ride a motorbike. will be getting restricted for insurance and some new tryes and she's ready to go.

Here are some pics from the sellers add on adverts because my pictures don't look as good, it was raining when i got her home so only a short 50m spin then into the garage and not im stuck in work scowling at the sun shine.

bike2.jpg

bike 1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    Finally got the bike i wanted from the start 00 CBR 600 EFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!...looking forward to getting out and relearning how to ride a motorbike. will be getting restricted for insurance...

Well wear with her matey. She looks a beaut.

Do you have a full license already? If you do and you want to cheapen your insurance by restricting the bike, you will probably find that they'll knock nothing off a bike with an aftermarket restrictor kit even if you are required to have it by law.

Get training whether you are required to or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

Im on my full licence but still have a year and a half restriction to sit through, once i get competent enough on the new bike ill be taking some training. the insurance to get me over the next few months until renewal isn't much so im happy enough, by the end of the summer i might be good enough to take and pass the training course, if it went anything like my pre test i would spend half the time cutting out and the other half leaving my indicator on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

noice!

happy new bike day! enjoy it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    ...once i get competent enough on the new bike ill be taking some training...by the end of the summer i might be good enough to take and pass the training course...

In my case, AON made me get the training before they'd give me insurance. I was almost completely green on a LP and did the day course, followed by a couple of hours and I had the Grade 2. Between that and taking my test, I got a single 1 hr pre-test lesson and I passed.

What I'm saying is if you've passed the test recently, all you'll need is a couple of hours training and you'll have your grade 2 in your hand and be a better rider for it. "Re-learning" to ride and then going for training is putting the cart before the horse, IMO. You can't be that bad a rider if you recently passed the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nice bike. Enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Well Wear chief!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gardoyle27

lovely bike
    Well Wear

never heard that one before, where does that come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Tis as auld as the hills,that saying. Well wear,well you may wear,may you wear it well etc... Kinda loosely translates to "Best of luck with it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Seen that on adverts all rite.....did it have UK plates? Any way...its a lovely colour.

Hope you have many a happy mile on it....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

yeah he offered it as a trade for my 500L fish tank setup, tank and a few quid for the bike. was just good luck that i wanted that exact bike and he wanted my exact fish tank. It was on romanian plates,he bought the bike in Ireland but the guy couldn't get insurance over here so he brought the bike home and registered and insured it and brought it back.

i cant decide if i like the colour or not, i have pretty much everything i need to paint it black (d.i.y) but im not sure im arsed doing it, talking to someone about buying there old fairings also.. ill just weight up the options but im in no real hurry... ill have this bike for a long time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I like the colours. Your the one who rides it though so my opinion don't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Good luck with the new bike!

Ill give you a beep if I see you around.

Advertisement