Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changeover to NGB up to 24Mb

Options
  • 06-05-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hey eircom.

I got a letter in the post this morning, saying in a few weeks I'd be upgraded at no extra cost, to a new up to 24Mb NGB package. They estimated about 12Mb would be the speed I would get which is grand. I believe up to 24Mb would necessitate the need for an ADSL2 gateway, but I have the Netopia 2247 ADSL gateway.

What I'd like to know is the timeframe for the changeover, and how soon will I receive the new modem?

Thanks!

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hey eircom.

I got a letter in the post this morning, saying in a few weeks I'd be upgraded at no extra cost, to a new up to 24Mb NGB package. They estimated about 12Mb would be the speed I would get which is grand. I believe up to 24Mb would necessitate the need for an ADSL2 gateway, but I have the Netopia 2247 ADSL gateway.

What I'd like to know is the timeframe for the changeover, and how soon will I receive the new modem?

Thanks!

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your query.

Can you PM your broadband telephone number and I will check this for you.

All the best,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Hi John,

Thanks for your query.

Can you PM your broadband telephone number and I will check this for you.

All the best,
    Ant

Just sent that there Ant. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 zith-ie

Hello, I've the exact same query as the OP but I'm also just wondering if I can keep my current netopia instead of the new modem.. which i assume is the zxyel.
    I havent heard great things about it, infact nothing but trouble. So my question is will I be able to keep the netopia and if so what speeds will I be able to expect from it ?
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

zith-ie wrote: »
    Hello, I've the exact same query as the OP but I'm also just wondering if I can keep my current netopia instead of the new modem.. which i assume is the zxyel.
    I havent heard great things about it, infact nothing but trouble. So my question is will I be able to keep the netopia and if so what speeds will I be able to expect from it ?
    Thank you

Hi zith-ie
    if you PM me your tel. no. I can check line and sync and advise you of possible speed.
    Tony

zith-ie wrote: »
    Thank you

Ant advised me that you can in fact keep the Netopia. It is ADSL2 compatible by all accounts.

• Advertisement

Ant advised me that you can in fact keep the Netopia. It is ADSL2 compatible by all accounts.

Hi NeitherJohn
    yes that is right. You will be sent a new modem as part of upgrade but wil be able to keep old modem also.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 34 zith-ie

Thanks very much for the info !

Hello eircom!

I was just having a look at this thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056270872
    about someone getting swapped over to the up to 24Mb NGB days after he got the letter. From the post, it seems that his exchange was 24Mb enabled.

Could I have the same done so!? The exchange I'm on (Quaker Road, Cork) is 24Mb enabled.

Bump! Anyone from eircom around today?

Hello eircom!

I was just having a look at this thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056270872
    about someone getting swapped over to the up to 24Mb NGB days after he got the letter. From the post, it seems that his exchange was 24Mb enabled.

Could I have the same done so!? The exchange I'm on (Quaker Road, Cork) is 24Mb enabled.

Hi NeitherJohn
    If you are on the same number supplied to us on previous case ( no. ending ...324) then you will be upgraded to 24Mb within 4 to 6 weeks, so by mid June.
    You should have received a letter informing you of this upgrade and no action is required of the customer.
    Hope this answers your question.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi NeitherJohn
    If you are on the same number supplied to us on previous case ( no. ending ...324) then you will be upgraded to 24Mb within 4 to 6 weeks, so by mid June.
    You should have received a letter informing you of this upgrade and no action is required of the customer.
    Hope this answers your question.
    Tony

Ok thanks Tony!

Advertisement