Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing mobile Network

Options
  • 06-05-2011 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I'm currently on the Meteor Network but I'm finding that there data can be quite slow most of the time.
    I have a friend who is on o2 and his is quite fast. The only problem is, Meteor give 1Gb a month where as o2 only give 250mb. This would not be enough for me.

I was considering the 3 network as they seem to be more focused on the data then any other network plus you get a lot of data per month.

Anyone using 3 and if so how do you find them.

Details:
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

I just might do that.

I was looking at their site and I can go for a 30 days sim only account that will give me the all you can eat data plan. If its not working out I can just switch back to meteor.

Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

3 for me is brilliant in Dublin but best to check out first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Just get the free SIM to test, you can port your number after a few days if you're happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

JustinOval wrote: »
    you can port your number after a few days if you're happy with it.

What does that mean? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭burrentech

You use the number from your new provider, and if you're happy with them, you can port (transfer) your original number to the new provider. Great because you don't have to tell all your contacts your new number, or change any letterheads, business cards etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Port means to move your number from one network to another network

angel01 wrote: »
    3 for me is brilliant in Dublin but best to check out first :)

Do you mean brilliant for Internet and Email????
    That's where I'm having my biggest problem.

I'm going to get a 3 card and stick it in. My contract is due to run out in 2-3 months so I'll give it a go then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daboru

i am on an 18 month contract with 3 for the iphone. im seven months in but i dont wanna be paying €40 a month. i wanna go back to prepay and keep my number. i'd prefer to go to meteor but i'm wondering about 3. Does anyone know if there is a way around this. I understand that i'll have to get the phone jailbroken, this doesnt bother me, it's just to expensive for me to be paying €40 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

To get out of the contract you will have to pay the €40 x remaining months anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheDukeOfEarl

I'm with 3. The only question that needs to be answered is, can you afford €40 a month ? If so you must join 3. I find the All You Can Eat Data is f*cking sick. Sick in a very good way. I can't particulary afford €40 a month myself, but no other company, as far as I know, comes even close to some words that I can't think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

How do you unlock and jailbreak the iphone anyway.Does it realy work??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

do 3 not do any proper upgrades? ive been with them years and the phones they offer for "upgrade" on the website are full price.

I'm with 3. The only question that needs to be answered is, can you afford €40 a month ? If so you must join 3. I find the All You Can Eat Data is f*cking sick. Sick in a very good way. I can't particulary afford €40 a month myself, but no other company, as far as I know, comes even close to some words that I can't think of right now.

The all you can eat is why I am thinking of switching to them.
    I like the units thing for calls and text.
    With Meteor I have 200 minutes / 200 text / 1Gb data

Each month I have about 195 text left and 30 minutes. I tend to email everyone as they all have android phones (one or two on iPhone) so its all part of my data.

With 3 I would probably end up with leftover units anyway.

I'm more interested in how fast the "All you can eat" is. On Meteor, sometimes even loading twitter updates is dog slow.

Advertisement