Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swarovski

Options
  • 06-05-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

thinking of getting a swarovski scope
    like the look of the z5 5-25x52
    with the brx reticle
    any thoughts ?
    recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Ia there much of a price differance between that and a z6 5-30, the z6 has a 30mm tube so should have more adjustment and i dont know if they have the same glass, but either way should be a fantastic scope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

Havent used the brx reticle but I had a couple of tds4 scopes, changed to the ballistic turret in 2.5-15x44 and I love it, easier to use than a drop reticle IMHO. The clarity of the glass wont be beaten either.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

I have 2 of the older models. Excellent quality, clarity is as good as anything out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

I have a 4-16-50 tds and a z6 2-5-15/44, both are cracking scopes, i use the tds scope more as its on the 25-06, i really like the reticle, very fine which makes it easier for neck shooting.

at dusk the z6 is brilliant gives a good bit longer to shoot.

You wont go wrong with any of the swarovski range, have a look at this sight,i picked up the z6 there at a good price.

http://www.rmacleod.co.uk/CUSTOMER%20S_H%20STOCK%20LIST.pdf

dr6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mountainy Jack

It's hard to give an opinion without knowing the specifics. What calibre are you putting it on and what do you intend using it for? Swaro are a fab optic and you will struggle to find someone who will tell you different. I would consider 25x mag too high if you intend using it for hunting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement