Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed elective - pick different one next year?

Options
  • 06-05-2011 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

So I made the retarded mistake of picking a crazily difficult elective, and was wondering if it's possible to pick a different one next year to compensate the credits rather than having to re-do this disaster again.

It says that there's no option for re-sits (thank god) so could I pick a different one next term? Or since this one was worth 5 credits, could I make up for it by choosing an elective next term which was stage 2/3?

Many thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Sefirah wrote: »
    So I made the retarded mistake of picking a crazily difficult elective, and was wondering if it's possible to pick a different one next year to compensate the credits rather than having to re-do this disaster again.

It says that there's no option for re-sits (thank god) so could I pick a different one next term? Or since this one was worth 5 credits, could I make up for it by choosing an elective next term which was stage 2/3?

Many thanks for any help!

Yes you are able to substitute elective and option modules. There is a fee, which depends on the course. The fees can be found here:

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/fees_registration.htm#4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

Holy crap, that's expensive :(
    I HATE LAW!!!

Many thanks!
    Is it worth even going to an exam if you already know you're going to fail...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Sefirah wrote: »
    Holy crap, that's expensive :(
    I HATE LAW!!!

Many thanks!
    Is it worth even going to an exam if you already know you're going to fail...?

Of course it's worth going! You never know what will happen, so give it your best shot. You have absolutely nothing to lose by going. Failing to the extent where you can't compensate (below 30%) is reasonably difficult. So write down anything and everything you know about the questions, and you can get a pass.

Good luck :)

Thanks :) Who knows. There might be a miracle. Or my lecturer present.
    *puts on low cut top* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Why would you not go to the exam? Whatever happens in the exam, not going is the sure fire way to fail. At least if you go you don't know what'll happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

You should always go, i nearly skipped one last semester but in the end came out with a C

I was just so stressed about it, I didn't want to have to go through the ordeal of staring at a paper for 2 hours and doing nothing

But in the end, I went and wrote 8 pages :) It might be bull****, but the exam wasn't half as bad as I thought! Just shows what an incentive it is to see the cost of substituting it again next year- they should pin that list on the wall in front of us lol!

Many thanks!!

Advertisement