Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband - data usage log?

• 06-05-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,
    was wondering if there is anyway to find out how much data you are using with UPC broadband?
    Smart (**shudder**) used to have an online tool, but cannot see anything similar with UPC's site.

Cheers
    DeeJay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

As OSI said they don't as I just heard back from them on it and they say they currently don't have one but are developing one for use on their website but sent me this link to a data usage tool www.dumeter.com only thing is that you have to pay for this after 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

D'oh!
    That's a pain in the posterior. You'd think they'd have some method of tracking it if they enforce a limit. Even Smart have a usage meter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

With unlimited usage limits being cut in half for the new 25mb offering, now more then ever UPC need to provide customers a way of tracking usage. Applications like DUMeter isn't reflective. It needs to be something on the router or back at UPC. Like most households, mine has 10+ devices connected from laptops/desktops/iPods/iPhones/AppleTVs to even the weighting scales. Broadband usage is now more then your main household computer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

With unlimited usage limits being cut in half for the new 25mb offering, now more then ever UPC need to provide customers a way of tracking usage.

Not true, the 25mb offering is still staying at 250GB AUP. Same as it was for the 20mb product.
    Applications like DUMeter isn't reflective. It needs to be something on the router or back at UPC. Like most households, mine has 10+ devices connected from laptops/desktops/iPods/iPhones/AppleTVs to even the weighting scales. Broadband usage is now more then your main household computer.

Agreed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Moved to Broadband forum where this is more relevant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement