Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manholes being sealed WTF

Options
  • 06-05-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I believe that most of the manholes in the city centre are being sealed as we speak by gaurds, corpo, eircom etc etc before the queen arrives, and now we have helicopters hovering as well. wtf like......:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Were you planing on using one of the manholes before lizzy arrives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thehunter

'manhole attacks queen'

headline to rock the world:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

ara at least the biys will get a bit of overtime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Things would have been a lot easier if she just got a last minute deal and took a flight to Cork airport of a morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Not another thread! Does it really matter what they do to the manholes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

I thought they were sealing them because alot of them were a good few inches lower than the road,one by debenhams and one on washington street i recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's to guard against explosives. Standard practice for a very high security visit. For example they do it even within the States for presidential visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The PC term is "person-hole covers" :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

If they will start using some of the sealant on numerous potholes as well, that would be a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

rarnes1 wrote: »

Makes it sound like a device for the sealing of orifices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

Lidl are seling rocketlaunchers next week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Its to prevent the manholes popping next time we have flooding in the city, God knows they are doing nothing else to prevent the flooding :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

It's to guard against explosives. Standard practice for a very high security visit. For example they do it even within the States for presidential visits.

What a fooking waste, she's nearly 100 ffs. anyone wanting to kill her would be better off just sitting back and waiting a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

rarnes1 wrote: »

No its not - its Sewage System Access Points. At least that's what they were called in a circular I received many years ago on the new PC names for things. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Have the Provisional/Real Mutant Ninja Turtles been making threats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Enjoying the Queen's preparations are we?

Hope you enjoyed last night traffic.

I'm seeing blue X's everywhere, it looks like a spray can festival.

Advertisement