Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyler, the creator: "Goblin"

• 06-05-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

yes i am going to buy it but i couldn't wait so I downloaded the leak for now. Personally I think it's insane. Everything abut it is fresh and original, from content to beats to lyrics. Just loving this album :D
    What do the rest of you make of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

yes i am going to buy it but i couldn't wait so I downloaded the leak for now. Personally I think it's insane. Everything abut it is fresh and original, from content to beats to lyrics. Just loving this album :D

Friend sent me the link yesterday, must find some time to listen to it amongst all this study avoidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

I got a hard copy there today in HMV. It ****king bangs, listening to it properly at the moment, great so far. Listen to BASTARD first!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭iluvcheese92

Favorite tracks anyone? Personally I'm really loving "Analog" at the moment. Chill as f**k :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

The lead in from Nightmare to Tron Cat is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Just discovered the whole Odd Future/ Tyler The Creator stuff yesterday and they ****in blow my mind, it's been a very long time since any music has had this much of an impact on me. Incredible stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Gonna buy the album as soon as I can, Bastard and Earl are both cool albums. Interesting gang for sure. The Thurnis Haley promos for Goblin are great as well :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Liking this album. 'She' is one of the finest songs you'll hear.

I also dig that the version of Yonkers is different and the references to it in Goblin (the song).....great intro to the album as well, Goblin (the song) is dope.

Needs a few more listens though.

The one thing that i noticed is that he talks about not caring about his father alot, maybe too much for someone that doesnt care?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bitch Suck Dick is quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I also dig that the version of Yonkers is different

Different to the video because of the extra verse but same as the single.

Album is a good follow on from Bastard. I think Tron Cat is probably my favourite track. I really need to stick it the album on my ipod though so I can listen to it more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Tyler is amazing. Bastard and Goblin are both fantastic, as is his other stuff with Odd Future.

Interestingly though, he's teetotal, despite his lyrics claiming differently. It's an interesting use of characterisation though. He's only 20 and is already coming out with stuff as brilliant as this. Can't wait to see what else he's got. Hopefully he won't become a douche like Kanye.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Picked up the delux edition of Goblin today, 2 discs with 3 extra songs. Havent listened yet so i'm not sure if the extra tracks are on the leaked version.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Authentic

can someone explain to me the appeal of this guy?

i personally dont see it...that whole BoB issue was pointless..fair enough you didnt like the song...get over it mate

Yonkers was ok...still dont understand the hype around the dude or his crew

anyone?

Authentic wrote: »
    can someone explain to me the appeal of this guy?

i personally dont see it...that whole BoB issue was pointless..fair enough you didnt like the song...get over it mate

anyone?

Well, they're kinda shaking up the game. They're bringing something new. It's shock hip hop, if you like - shocking lyrical content, strange videos, absolutely ferocious live performances by all accounts. It's certainly unlike anything I've seen in hip hop before. It's like Wu-Tang meets Marilyn Manson. It's fresh and interesting, and I think that's why people like it. Tyler, in particular, has got a great flow and is capable of writing great lyrics, even if they are shocking! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Bought the CD, listened to it one but didn't like it. Will give it another try in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 miniPhil

Authentic wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. Just don't get the Tyler hype. I don't mind Earl all too much and would be interested in seeing more of him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Yeah odd future are ok probably not my thing. I do however really like 'orange juice' and 'blade' by Earl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dr. Bad Touch

Have yet to listen to Goblin, but when I first listened to Bastard I was blown away..
    Not too sure about what the other 54 members of their crew bring to the table but Tyler & earl are definitely talented.
    And theres so much intrigue surrounding them that people ca't help but be sucked into the hype.
    Whether or not it's just a passing phase only time will tell but I think Odd future are the kick-up-the-arse 'shock value' hip-hop has been missing since, well slim shady I guess.

I mean have you SEEN that Yonkers vid?! SWAG! :cool:

Have yet to listen to Goblin, but when I first listened to Bastard I was blown away..
    Not too sure about what the other 54 members of their crew bring to the table but Tyler & earl are definitely talented.
    And theres so much intrigue surrounding them that people ca't help but be sucked into the hype.
    Whether or not it's just a passing phase only time will tell but I think Odd future are the kick-up-the-arse 'shock value' hip-hop has been missing since, well slim shady I guess.

I mean have you SEEN that Yonkers vid?! SWAG! :cool:

Frank Ocean is also going to be huge, he is recording with everyone now. Hodgie Beats also seems to be more of the talented of the crew, this is his latest offering as MellowHype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

It's like Wu-Tang meets Marilyn Manson.

This is exactly what he doesn't want to be know as. Can't remember which track has him going on about it.

JoePie wrote: »
    This is exactly what he doesn't want to be know as. Can't remember which track has him going on about it.

It's what it sounds like though, regardless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement