Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Me

Options
  • 06-05-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭

Hey there, so I was in an exam there, and last night I wrote a word on my leg that didn't wash off when I had a shower today, and tbh I forgot all about it. So in the exam and one of the invigilators saw the word and took my student card and said she had to make a report about it. Now she said nothing would probably come of it but does anyone know what the procedure is about this?

What's going to happen to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Ummm...why did you write on your leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

The invigilator's report will be stuck in with your exam script and the lecturer will see it when doing the marking. If the lecturer thinks nothing of it, then nothing else will happen. If the lecturer thinks you were cheating then it will be brought up at the exam boards and they might decide on disciplinary action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The invigilator must have been paying GREAT attention to your legs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

kjl wrote: »
    Hey there, so I was in an exam there, and last night I wrote a word on my leg that didn't wash off when I had a shower today, and tbh I forgot all about it. So in the exam and one of the invigilators saw the word and took my student card and said she had to make a report about it. Now she said nothing would probably come of it but does anyone know what the procedure is about this?

a word? Unless the word happened to be an acronym 50 characters in length I find it hard how it would benefit you in an exam. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'll also ask, why did you write on your leg? Seems very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So, erm, what exactly are you going to do know? Did the invigilator photograph it or something? Is the word still written on your leg? You really have no evidence to better your case to be honest, the invigilator will view it as cheating if he sees fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

I'd have serious doubts than an invigilator a) reported you for having one single word on your leg and b) that they could even see a single word from a distance.

If it was actually only one word then what happened is very surprising. It sounds like you were reported for cheating though so hard luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

A mate of mine had a date on his hand that he forgot to remove before entering an exam last Semester (wasn't even related to exam material). His hand was photographed and a report was written up and then he had to sit before some sort of committee. In the end common sense prevailed but they do take these sort of issues seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

kjl wrote: »

what did you have written on your leg? and how the hell did they see it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Gardoggle

dont see how one word will make much of a difference to an exam outcome. the person correcting it will probably dismiss the report as inconsequential.. if it was that important you would probably remember it, it is only one word like..
    silly invigilator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 music crazy

Why would anyone write on their leg ?:o

Gardoggle wrote: »
    dont see how one word will make much of a difference to an exam outcome. the person correcting it will probably dismiss the report as inconsequential.. if it was that important you would probably remember it, it is only one word like..
    silly invigilator.

Not really. We don't know the full story here. Besides, I'd prefer invigilators who record everything than the opposite. There are so many attempts at cheating in the exams, they have to be vigilant.

Not really. We don't know the full story here. Besides, I'd prefer invigilators who record everything than the opposite. There are so many attempts at cheating in the exams, they have to be vigilant.
    if you can think of a single word thats powerful enough to in any way help someone pass an exam, I'd like to hear it!
    ..and believe me I've got a couple of more reasons to believe in the 'silly invigilator' theory!

Gardoggle wrote: »
    if you can think of a single word thats powerful enough to in any way help someone pass an exam, I'd like to hear it!
    ..and believe me I've got a couple of more reasons to believe in the 'silly invigilator' theory!

I know people who have been invigilators (one a senior invigilator) for 5 or 6 years, I know plenty of stories myself.

All I said is we don't know the full story here.

well I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the OP..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Can't believe nobody has asked yet.

What was the word!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The OP was playing a fast one.

The "word" was actually a sentence with no spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Leonid

Freedom?

You'd better flush out your head, new guy. This isn't about freedom; this is a slaughter. If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is "poontang".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Leonid wrote: »
    Freedom?

You'd better flush out your head, new guy. This isn't about freedom; this is a slaughter. If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is "poontang".

Huh? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daemon1

Can't believe nobody has asked yet.

What was the word!!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I wrote an entire essay on my knob last semester, got away with it :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,414 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I wrote an entire essay on my knob last semester, got away with it :cool::cool:

Short story more like!

Ay-O!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

noodler wrote: »
    Short story more like!

Ay-O!

MCQ answers more like... har har :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,414 ✭✭✭✭noodler

MCQ answers more like... har har :p

Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭optogirl

Why would anyone write on their leg ?:o

in order to cheat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

optogirl wrote: »
    in order to cheat...

One word helps you cheat? Wow, other exams sound much easier than my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Did you not see daemon1's link? Of course one word can be important

The one word factor is what makes me think we don't know the full story here. If that word were some sort of acronym or something similar, you could see why they would make a note of the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

daemon1 wrote: »

42 million hits

LOL!

I bet the op is a blonde...

can be no other explanaition here folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭optogirl

Maybe the word was Floccinaucinihilipilification

Advertisement