Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Swimming Pool

Options
  • 06-05-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Anyone been there recently? I know it had a bad rep in the past, have they sorted themseleves out, or is it still bad?

Everyone's always on about Leisureworld Bishopstown, but apparently Douglas pool is now managed by Leisureworld : http://churchfield.leisureworldcork.com/index.cfm/page/douglasswimmingpool
    So maybe they've fixed the place...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

no its not changed an iota

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I brought my little brother over the summer last year. Physically it's the same as when I used to swim and train competitively there a decade ago - same showers, same changing rooms. The lap timing clocks are the same as well, but only one is working. So it definitely shows its' age. They have a few flotation blocks, beach balls for kids.

Best of all I didn't get any veruccas despite using the pool a dozen or so times :D

It is a lot cheaper than the other pools in Cork (4 euro adult / 2 euro child) and if you're just doing laps it'll probably be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

To be honest i think its a grand little spot. Fair enough it doesnt look as nice as the other places about but they still have to have a certain health and safety standard in there or they would be shut down so i wouldnt be worried about that side of things. I learned to swim there for years and started the lifeguard part but never finished it and never had any problems there. My brother and sisters swim there every friday and have never had any problems either.

Advertisement