Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education allowance

Options
  • 06-05-2011 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi does anybody know how much you get each week, or month, if you get Back to Education Allowance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Dogdaysareover

Lucus wrote: »
    Hi does anybody know how much you get each week, or month, if you get Back to Education Allowance?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html

This should answer your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lucus

Thank you but unfortunately the site doesn't help. It only says that there is a standard rate paid each week (but doesn't say how much it is). The site does say that the allowance pays out 500 euro at the start of each year. I wouldn't be able to get through college with 500 euro. I'm just trying to find out how much the weekly payments are to see if I would be able to afford to go to third-level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Dogdaysareover

Are you currently claiming a social welfare payment?

If you qualify for BTEA you would be entitled to the same rate you're on now.
    For most people that would be €188 per week, but everyone's situations different so you should contact your local SW office.

The €500 is a one off payment, given at the start of the academic year towards the cost of books etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lucus

Thank you that is great.

Advertisement