Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellworths

Options
  • 06-05-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Whatever happened to Wellworths? This was a retail store group with branches all over Northern Ireland. I remember that their shops used to look a bit like Woolworths ( also gone now too ) Does anyone remember Wellworth shops? What happened to them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

They were bought by SuperValu. The larger stores became Safeway (these were part of "Safeway Stores Ireland", a joint venture between Safeway and SuperValu, I think, which was later completely bought out by Safeway) and the smaller stores became "Wellworths SuperValu" and later just "SuperValu"

Safeway was taken over by Morrisons, who sold their NI stores to Asda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I loved Wellworths. Actually my first ever paycheck came from them when I had a summer job with them in the warehouse.

Advertisement