Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School boundary

Options
  • 06-05-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I'm on the board of my local school and we have a problem with a boundary wall..... it's cracking and looks unstable. We need somebody with experience in these things to take a look and give us some advice, would anyone know of such a person, taking into account that we would like the advice before we commit some (scarce) money on repairs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,428 ✭✭✭✭Victor

An engineer or surveyor would be the ideal person. They could probably put together a brief report and an estimate of cost for a few hundred euros.

You might talk to the Building Unit in the Department of Education.

http://www.education.ie/home/home.jsp?pcategory=17216&ecategory=22132&language=EN

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kdry

Thanks Victor, I'll get in touch with the building unit, dealt with them before on a few occassions, but never thought of them for this kind of issue. Much appreciated.

Advertisement