Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another puppy

• 06-05-2011 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi I have a 5 month old collie that is well walked and played with but is very bored when I am not around during the day so I was thinking of getting another pup for him to play with and as my friend is moving away he has a 7 month lab that I can have is this a good idea ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I don't see why not, your existing dog has been with you for a while, so has bonded with you, so the introduction of another dog will probably be a positive thing.

If you can afford to keep two dogs, the extra food, vet bills etc, then I think dogs love to have other canine company.

Have they met each other yet? They may not get on, so they should be introduced on neutral territory, and just take it easy at first, see how they connect with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I can highly recommend another dog, it was great for my fella, they curl up and snooze all day together(I know this from the sleepy heads that greet me when I come in, and the warm bed or sofa;))
    With them young it will take a bit more effort to train them, but if you think you can manage go for it.
    Just as said above be aware of the extra cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 blackwolf

I took him in there was a bit of friction at first as my little collie was on the attack but now its all calm and the two of them are lying beside each other great result and it was great fun watching the gf being dragged down the road on his walk !

Advertisement