Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stunning pictures of celtic tiger waste

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Unbelievable to think that many people are being made essentially homeless while many empty buildings like that exist and are becoming dilapidated around the country. Feckin' depressing too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If it's being looted I call first dips on the lift system, I could do with having a elevator.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

If it weren't for all the dirty fooking scumbags in this country that would probably still be intact and very easy to make liveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If it weren't for all the dirty fooking scumbags in this country that would probably still be intact and very easy to make liveable.

and what makes it worse as it passes into nama and becomes worthless its the scumbags who will cause more pain for us the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It probably would be if it wasn't for our scumbag weather being all wet and cold.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Why don't we get paid volunteers(if you know what I mean) to recycle places like these? Not leave the copper etc to the scum, get something back.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Disgrace. Disgrace. Disgrace.
    Ballisodare is/was a lovely wee village, since it's been bypassed I haven't been there as much as I used, maybe a 3-4 times in the last 5 years and every time I drove through there I couldn't believe the amount of new homes being built on each passing, imagine having took out a mortgage on one of these apartments flats?
    I'm gobsmacked. How come no-one is being put on trial for the balls certain individuals have made of this country? It makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

that is the most depressing thing i have seen in a while.

repeated all over the country and not one fcukin' councillor, planner, cnut who gave permission for this crap has had to answer for any of it.

i need a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Disgrace. Disgrace. Disgrace.
    Ballisodare is/was a lovely wee village, since it's been bypassed I haven't been there as much as I used, maybe a 3-4 times in the last 5 years and every time I drove through there I couldn't believe the amount of new homes being built on each passing, imagine having took out a mortgage on one of these apartments flats?
    I'm gobsmacked. How come no-one is being put on trial for the balls certain individuals have made of this country? It makes me sick.

I probably pass through Ballisadare 2-3 times a year and I thought that place was well locked up and secure. An absolutely disgrace, a few greedy b@stard developers don't live too far away from there either. Building for a non-existent population, the story of this country though isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Wow, i supplied a lot of the fixtures in that place when it was being built, didn't realise it had ended up like that.
    That's shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

add a couple of blood splatters and body parts and you could think the place is out of a zombie movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

ah good old ballasodare....the sligo riviera

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

Perfect Airsoft site

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bobmalooka wrote: »
    ah good old ballasodare....the sligo riviera

Nope, that would be strandhill or Rosses Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

jurys ard ri waterford sickening

http://youtu.be/M1ahkhSKg5g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

pan_spire-743969.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wexford town has a block of apartments that are completely empty but fortunately haven't been wrecked by scumbags,still a monument to Celtic Tiger greed and waste. http://stonebridgewexford.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Yeah, I hate Fianna Fail too....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There was a woman on the radio a few days ago who is a single mother and presently struggling to stay out of court for not being able to pay utility bills.

It maddens me so much that it makes my piss boil.. to know that the faux opulence of some unrealistic pricks, the same people who are now high and dry compared to the genuinely disenfranchised people picking up their tabs, is truly is sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

320k for a 2 bed apartment in Sligo.
    The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The mind boggles.

320k for a 2 bed anywhere in the country.....never mind Sligo.

I spotted a 1 bed apt in Waterford City recently, and it was on the market for 59k.
    I though - that's cheap. Then I found another property for 45k:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

Crazy pics.. hard to believe that really exists in Ireland, well I suppose it would have been harder to believe a few years ago.

Great movie set tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Amazing pictures - it's the inane blurb from the original launch brochure that make it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Sligo.. Waterford? Looks more like Prypiat or Chernobyl. Jesus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Rocky Bay

There is a reference to a woman who was pushed out of her small home due to this construction by the developer-its in the replies after the pictures. Does anyone know her story and what ever happened to her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The mind boggles.

Ha! Not even in Sligo Town! About five miles outside of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DeclanRacer

Blair wrote: »
    Perfect Airsoft site

lol... true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

While it was a crazy place to build with even crazier prices, whats stunning is the amount of theft involved. The place has been stripped of anything that can be sold making it even more worthless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

livin in a ghost town...

Advertisement