Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traveling to Carlow

• 06-05-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all

I recently got accepted to Carlow IT and I really want to go there the only problem will be travel. Does anybody know of public transport between Arklow (Co Wicklow) and Carlow? I might hopefully be driving by then, but I really like the thought of having public transport there just in case. If anybody does make this commute how do you go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I really hope it's better than I remember but when I was commuting from Gorey, I had to go to dublin and then down to Carlow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Checking out the routes there, it looks like you may need to travel to Dublin, and then on to Carlow IT using Bus Eireann :( Red can vouch for that journey, and even for myself from Dublin, it was a horrible experience...no time to study as I was so tired. It ended up being only slightly dearer to live there in the end (by around 35 euro or so) but well worth it.

Driving, if you can get driving by then it should take less than an hour...you'll probably head in by Baltinglass making it quick enough. The bus takes around 90-95 mins, and I found out that it is not that compatible with timetables unless you let a lecturer know you need to pop out early to catch it every day :(

Advertisement