Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Drill

• 06-05-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

My Panasonic Eye 6432 15.6 v Drill keeps cutting out and in order to fix it you need to tap the drill or hit it in order to keep on drilling.

Any suggestions on how to fix this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Likely to be the carbon brushes.

90% of the drill that come through the place i work at for repair get solved with a set of brushes, other common problems are trigger swich and also the armiture, however with the latter, there tends to be a smell and little or no power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

James_LWAU wrote: »
    My Panasonic Eye 6432 15.6 v Drill keeps cutting out and in order to fix it you need to tap the drill or hit it in order to keep on drilling.

Any suggestions on how to fix this??

Adding to what snyper says. If the drill is used in dusty environments, dirt can get in and clog the 'shaft' in which the brushes sit. The brushes are sprung loaded so as to press up against the armature (and so maintain electrical contact) and so need to be able to slide freely up and down within their shaft.

I've fixed a few brushed motors simply by removing the brushes and giving everything a bit of a clean.

Brushes sticking is just one way in which the electrical circuit can be broken. snypers covered others.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Where are the carbon brushes located on the drill?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Can anyone tell me where the carbon brushes are located on this drill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

James_LWAU wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where the carbon brushes are located on this drill?

At the back of the armature. Usually at the top of the handle where there are vent holes to cool it down. Just behind the brand name sticker.

Since its cordless, its worth checking out the connections between the battery to the armature.

• Advertisement
Advertisement