Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional licence??????

Options
  • 06-05-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Lads, I Just wondered If I Needed An Additional Licence For An FAC regulated Air Rifle? Its A Daystate Air Ranger Which Has 80 ft/lb Muzzle Energy In .25 Caliber, Its Quite A Powerful Air Rifle Hence Being FAC Regulated! I Just Wondered Would I Have To Make A Completely New Application For This Gun Along With My Game Licence,Shotgun For Pests And Vermin Etc, A Friend Told Me I May Have To Categorize It For Target Practice Etc But Im Just Haven't A Clue At This Stage Lads, I Would Appreciate And Help Or Feedback On This Lads Thanks A Million

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

To give an overall idea you need a seperate firearms license for every firearm you own/want to buy. This includes Air Rifles, rimfire, centrefire rifles, shotguns, handguns, etc.

All these are firearms and need an individual license for each one. Its not like the system up the North where one license can be amended to cover multiple firearms.

I think thats what you are asking?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

.25 in an air rifle could cause you head aches as it may be treated like a .25-06 which it is not.(but tell a FO that)

Most guys are happy with .22cal Airrifle for Bunnies

Beautiful Rifles all the same

http://www.daystate.com/air_ranger.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

I'm presuming the OP is posting from outside of the RoI, since AFAIK all rifles (be they air rifles or whatever) are required to be licenced?

Can the OP confirm where they are posting from as this would help them get more specific advice on this?

(Edit: Kinda repeating what Ezridax already posted. He got in there first.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jamo27

Thanks Lads, Yeah I Thought That Alright , Just Not Sure What Category To Licence It Under,Hunting Or Target Shooting!! Any Suggestions? Thanks Lads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

This is not meant as smart answer, but for whatever purpose you are going to use it for. If its hunting then submit your FCA1 with land permissions. If its target work then submit i with your membership details for your authorised range/club.

Your friend is wrong in that a certain firearm dictates the class/discipline of shooting that you can do with it. I use my .308 rifle for hunting and target work. On the FCA1 i put it down as a hunting rifle as that is the primary purpose of the rifle.

So on your application simply write down the primary purpose of the rifle. Remember if you put hunting down as your reason it DOES NOT exclude you from doing target shooting with it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jamo27

Thanks Mate Thats Spot On Ill Do That, No He Wasn't Too Sure Either Thats All, Thanks A Million Mate..

Advertisement