Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lelli Kelly's

Options
  • 06-05-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Megan has a pair of Lelli Kelly's and they are starting to look a bit grubby. Has anyone ever put them in the wash? Were they ok after?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

If they are the canvas type one with the beads on, put them in a pillowcase and wash on a delicate wash at 30 degrees they'll come out like new!
    I do this with all my kids canvas shoes and even there nike trainers never had a problem yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

from the uk website

HOW TO CLEAN YOUR LELLI KELLY
    The hand-made embroidery and decorations make your Lelli Kelly shoes unique and precious. In order to keep them as good as new we recommend to take care in cleaning, avoiding hard brushes. When machine washing it is advisable to take out the leather insoles, put the shoes in two pillow cases (one for each shoe) on a cool wash (86 degrees) leaving to dry naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Thanks girlies :D
    Probably could've googled cleaning instructions myself, but considering how expensive they were, would rather hear from someone else how they cleaned them safely.

I'll get them in the wash tomorrow and maybe Megan can stop looking like a scruffy orphan child :D

Thanks again!

Crazy Cat Lady

Are they walking shoes, I just got Elisha new clark walking shoes yesterday she a H fitting. Are those shoes really narrow or normal. They look so pretty, nicer then the clark ones. I'm just terrified to buy her shoes that might hurt her feet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Well I had her measured in Clarkes and didn't like any of the shoes they had in there. I had got her first pair of cruising shoes and then little boots when she started walking from Clarkes as you are so afraid of hurting their little feet. So anyway, after the disappointment of not liking any of the Clarkes shoes I went to another shoe shop called 'Little Piggy's' and they measured her feet again using a different measurer for the Lelli Kelly's. They fit perfect and my little lady walks and runs like she's been doing it all her life. I've also bought her shoes from Next which fit really well, are very pretty and alot cheaper! She only got the Lelli Kelly's as he Grandad bought them for her :D

It wouldn't be unusual to get measured in Clarkes and then go elsewhere to buy shoes! Especially once they get a bit older and have established walking

• Advertisement

Was in next today and tried on few of the shoes but they all to narrow so will have to wait a while. I was in Maynooth and seen the start bright or right not sure of name shoes and they horrible. Was disappointed other day handing over €40 for shoes I dont even like. But she's only walking 2 months so will wait till she's outgrown these and try the other shops.

She would have to have wide feet she measures a g but when you try on the shoes she needs a h.

Will hunt down a lilly kelly's shop when she needs her next pair of shoes

Advertisement