Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackhawk CQC Holster

• 06-05-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I just received my Blackhawk CQC Level 2 Serpa Sportster Holster for a Beretta 92/96. However upon trying it out my M92F does not fit. It seems like the barrel is just a tiny bit wider. I notice now that it says on the packaging that it is not for Elite, Brigadier or M9A1 however this is not mentioned on the website at all when purchasing.

What's even more interesting is that I already have a Blackhawk holster for a Beretta 92/96 and the handgun fits perfectly into that without a problem.

My question is what is the difference between a M92F and a Beretta 92 if any?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Is the other holster you have a solid frame holster?

Shouldnt be much difference really, but in airsoft terms they can be slightly wider...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Yeah the other holster is also a solid frame. It has the same engraving and everything on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

curious... so its another serpa? genuine or faketastic? and is the new one genuine or faketastic? Can't imagine blackhawk changed the sizes...

On my existing one it has printed:

CQC Holsters
    Beretta 92/96
    C1208
    US.pat.#5918784
    BLACKHAWK.COM

and on the new one it has printed:

SPORTSTER
    Beretta 92/96
    C1208-S-L
    U.S.pat.#5.918.784
    BLACKHAWK.COM

I've emailed the place I ordered it from to see what they'll say. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making an obvious mistake or something like that.

After checking back through my email history it seems the make of my original one is A.C.M. but was purchased for around the same price as a Blackhawk. The build quality of both are of a high quality.

Cheers for the help so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They're two different holsters in theory
    The CQC one is recommended for police/military use while the Sportster is for civilian use. However both are identical in terms of the weapons they support.
    I have the CQC Serpa Level 2 and it fits my KSC M9 perfectly.
    I knew when ordering that it wouldn't fit the elite/brigadier/M9A1 etc.
    Out of curiosity what make is your M92F?

Just to Clarify...your first holster is a genuine Blackhawk.
    I got mine directly and it has the same information on the bottom of the holster. except for this -L..does yours have that too?

CQC Holsters
    Beretta 92/96
    C1208 -L
    US.pat.#5918784
    BLACKHAWK.COM

• Advertisement

As mentioned in my last reply, my original one is actually A.C.M and they produce fake versions it seems.

And in the above post too it has C1208-S-L, so it has an extra -S than yours.

Also the pistol is a Tokyo Marui M92F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The ACM clones are near perfect copies. I have an ACM and a real deal SERPA and the same raised decals are on both. In fact, side by side, the only distinguishing part is the bolts on the back.

Yeah they are pretty much identical in quality and finish. I have noticed with the A.C.M one that there is a little bit more space for where the top of the gun would rest.

I've sent an email to the place I bought it from, I wanted to ask here to just to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake or something.

Advertisement