Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6.55pm today 6/6, Harolds Cross single speed idiot

• 06-05-2011 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

(Dublin)
    Saw some young lad on a singlespeed bike holding onto the left side(at the back) of a double decker bus just over harolds cross bridge, bus was pulling in for a stop, hope this guy isnt doing this all the time because its extremely retarded/dangerous.

there was a lady cyclist on a bike at the crossroads who seemed to be staring in disbelief, not because it looks 'cool', because it looks like a great way to get killed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Like grabbing on to the bus and letting the bus pull him along?

What an idiot :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Like grabbing on to the bus and letting the bus pull him along?

What an idiot :rolleyes:
    like in Back To The Future, but instead of holding on to the back of a car this guy was holding onto the blindspot of a massive bus, and on a bike not a skateboard, so not as easy to get out of harms way when something goes wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I've always want to tr that but never had the nerve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Hes living life to the max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭GSF

Darwin awards qualifying round perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,838 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I saw a guy on a bike drafting the Luas. Not sure how that ranks in the hierarchy of stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

(Dublin)
    bus was pulling in for a stop

He was holding on as the bus was slowing down and pulling in to the kerb? Idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Maybe he was pushing it out of his way...going too slow perhaps...

Why do you give a fcuk?

Just curious?

remember in a race I was dropped going up a hill (the beehive) so on the descent at the back of the group I decided to grab onto the handle of a car for a slingshot back into the bunch and the poxy door opened ...only to have Pat McQuaid looking me he was a bit more surprised than I was...I closed the door and got back on!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

He sounds like a amateur.

1146544563_515d167ed6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

He sounds like a amateur.

^^^
    Commentary is brilliant :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

because its extremely retarded/dangerous.

It's a Zen thing - you really feel "at one" with the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭Alkers

Used to do it a good bit in town a few years back. Don't think it's as dangerous as people are making it out to be. You have your arm against the truck/bus so if it stops you do to and you're behind it but to one side so you have at least one means of escape. Good buzz too, should try it!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Good buzz too, should try it!
    I hope no-one around here would be so stupid:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭Alkers

Beasty wrote: »
    I hope no-one around here would be so stupid:rolleyes:

Seriously its not that bad, the guy in the OP is doing it at a stupid time but you can do it safely enough at times. Live a little!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I saw a guy on a bike drafting the Luas. Not sure how that ranks in the hierarchy of stupid.

i draft buses when ever i can,quite simply for the ''buzz'' however i admit it is dangerous and kinda stupid,but i dont force it on anyone i just love speed!

Advertisement