Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor Series 2011 - New York

• 06-05-2011 7:14pm
    Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be in Boston in November and I just noticed that Survivor Series is in MSG on the 20th. I'm seriously considering going to New York that day, doing a bit of sightseeing and then going to SS.

The hotels seem expensive enough...can anyone recommend any in particular? (If I am going to be fleeced, I may as well get a good one!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

if you are going to stay in lower manhattan then the hilton on 54th is good but obviously quite expensive

the new yorker is basically right across the road from msg and is one of the better older hotels in town

personally i would stay over in jersey city, its only across the river from manhattan and has excellent transport links, my cousin got married at the westin newport in november first class hotel, the subway to new york (which takes about 10mins to midtown is right across the street)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if you are going to stay in lower manhattan then the hilton on 54th is good but obviously quite expensive

the new yorker is basically right across the road from msg and is one of the better older hotels in town

personally i would stay over in jersey city, its only across the river from manhattan and has excellent transport links, my cousin got married at the westin newport in november first class hotel, the subway to new york (which takes about 10mins to midtown is right across the street)

Cheers! I'll look into Westin Newport...as long as there are good transport links I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

anywhere in Manhattan for a name brand hotel will be expensive

personally if u want to save money stay in queens ny and get a hotel next to the LIRR i take the lirr everytime i go to the city 5 bucks and 2 or 1 stop right in front of msg

if your FLYING FROM jfk u should stay in queens and u can take the air train to jfk and the lirr to the city very easy to travel

anyway any word on ss tickets?cause ill be there for sure

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    anywhere in Manhattan for a name brand hotel will be expensive

personally if u want to save money stay in queens ny and get a hotel next to the LIRR i take the lirr everytime i go to the city 5 bucks and 2 or 1 stop right in front of msg

if your FLYING FROM jfk u should stay in queens and u can take the air train to jfk and the lirr to the city very easy to travel

anyway any word on ss tickets?cause ill be there for sure

Cheers, no word on the sale date as yet. I'm looking forward to going to msg!

It's nice lower section 100 is the best seats.

small venue easy to get to also.sucks roh will be doing a show 1 month before,if it was in nov u could of maybe attend it also

• Advertisement

It's nice lower section 100 is the best seats.

small venue easy to get to also.sucks roh will be doing a show 1 month before,if it was in nov u could of maybe attend it also

That would have been cool alright. It will be cool just to be in msg!

if you are going alone getting a good section 100 seat won't be hard

or even 2 people

3 or more is hard for the garden or any small venue for that matter.keep this thread updated if u find out any info on tickets,i get the presale code for all the msg shows so ill post it when i get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

If you decide to go for a cheap hotel try the Latham, within walking distance of MSG and quite reasonable stayed here for a week back in 08 and found it fit for purpose that purpose been drop bags, what can i do in NY, return sleep

if you are going alone getting a good section 100 seat won't be hard

or even 2 people

3 or more is hard for the garden or any small venue for that matter.keep this thread updated if u find out any info on tickets,i get the presale code for all the msg shows so ill post it when i get it.

Hopefully I will get lucky with tickets...there will be 6 of us! I'll just go for best available and see what I can get!

Brolly wrote: »
    Hopefully I will get lucky with tickets...there will be 6 of us! I'll just go for best available and see what I can get!

o ok.wonder if they are deciding to do raw in the izod etc the night after or preduintal center

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

Brolly, I have to agree with Rossie1977, everytime I couldn't stay at my friend's place I booked The New Yorker hotel, just across MSG's street. Definitely isn't the best hotel in town, and isn't really cheap, but from the hotel's door until MSG you just have to walk less than a minute ;)

Booking in the city personally is a waste of money unless you have the money to spend.

reason why is travel in NYC IS SO EASY,just get a hotel next to the LONG ISLAND RAIL ROAD,mind you the LIRR RUNS 24 hours a day 5 bucks a trip.

it takes you right to msg in a few mins,from my house in queens it is 2 stops which takes me about 7 mins or so to get to msg can't get any easier than that.

in regular train from my house is 45 mins,pretty dam fast and convenient.

but if it is 6 of u i guess u guys can split hotel cost as well

Booking in the city personally is a waste of money unless you have the money to spend.

reason why is travel in NYC IS SO EASY,just get a hotel next to the LONG ISLAND RAIL ROAD,mind you the LIRR RUNS 24 hours a day 5 bucks a trip.

it takes you right to msg in a few mins,from my house in queens it is 2 stops which takes me about 7 mins or so to get to msg can't get any easier than that.

in regular train from my house is 45 mins,pretty dam fast and convenient.

but if it is 6 of u i guess u guys can split hotel cost as well

If we were to stay out a bit, what hotel(s) would you recommend that are most convenient to getting in and out of the city? I'll need your help on which LIRR to get and the stop for the hotel!!! With only going for a day, I'll want to get there, sightsee a bit, Survivor Series, hotel, sleep, back to Boston!!!

If we were to stay out a bit, what hotel(s) would you recommend that are most convenient to getting in and out of the city? I'll need your help on which LIRR to get and the stop for the hotel!!! With only going for a day, I'll want to get there, sightsee a bit, Survivor Series, hotel, sleep, back to Boston!!!

how are you getting to boston?if airport which

i live in jamaica queens if u stay around a hotel near sutphin blvd the city is only 2 stops on the LIRR!which is 10 mins maybe less on the LIRR.

and the lirr is right on sutphin blvd,now i don't remember the stop after stuphin blvd but if u can get a hotel around there the city will be 1 stop away from the lirr which should be 5 mins.

how are you getting to boston?if airport which

i live in jamaica queens if u stay around a hotel near sutphin blvd the city is only 2 stops on the LIRR!which is 10 mins maybe less on the LIRR.

and the lirr is right on sutphin blvd,now i don't remember the stop after stuphin blvd but if u can get a hotel around there the city will be 1 stop away from the lirr which should be 5 mins.

We will be getting a bus from Boston to New York and back. I will have a look to see what hotels are around Sutphin Blvd. Cheers.

We will be getting a bus from Boston to New York and back. I will have a look to see what hotels are around Sutphin Blvd. Cheers.

o ok well if your taking a bus then,it won't be hard as some of those bus lines leave from either 34th street or 42nd penn station which is not far

Took my usual gamble on Hotwire.com...booked a 4 star hotel in the MSG area. Got the Indigo Hotel for €140 a room (2 doubles)! Nice hotel and less than 10 min walk from MSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Just booked my flights to NYC so myself and the gf will be there for SS - as long as we get tickets! Can't wait!

when does this ppv go on sale, slim chance i can make it but if i can but i'd love to

hopefully i see some of you guys there

• Advertisement

anyone know when this goes on sale 99.9% likely i'll be in nyc this night and wanna go to my 2nd ppv of the year

jmolloy wrote: »
    anyone know when this goes on sale 99.9% likely i'll be in nyc this night and wanna go to my 2nd ppv of the year

There is no sale info yet...been checking every few days. It could be another month or two yet.

Hi lads, it might mean nothing but last year's Survivor Series presale was on June 10th according to this link: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/survivor-series-2010-presale-password-evan-bournes-push-104195

Like I say, it might not give any indication of when this year's will go on sale but it could mean it's happening sooner rather than later. That article was published on June 9th too so it might be announced pretty close to the presale date. I'm keeping an eye out on most sites/forums too so if/when I see any details I'll post them here straight away. Hopefully we'll all get sorted nice and quick so we don't have to worry about it.

Hi lads, it might mean nothing but last year's Survivor Series presale was on June 10th according to this link: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/survivor-series-2010-presale-password-evan-bournes-push-104195

Like I say, it might not give any indication of when this year's will go on sale but it could mean it's happening sooner rather than later. That article was published on June 9th too so it might be announced pretty close to the presale date. I'm keeping an eye out on most sites/forums too so if/when I see any details I'll post them here straight away. Hopefully we'll all get sorted nice and quick so we don't have to worry about it.

Cheers bud...I'll be keeping an eye on wwe.com over the next few weeks!

Hey Brolly are you still going to Survivor Series? Me and family are 99% going at this time, just need my tickets to be 100% confirmed. I guess they should be on sale REALLY soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JamesMania

well rocky is going to SS this year so enhoy

Initium wrote: »
    Hey Brolly are you still going to Survivor Series? Me and family are 99% going at this time, just need my tickets to be 100% confirmed. I guess they should be on sale REALLY soon!

Definitely bud...I'm in Boston that week and heading to new York on the Sunday for a night. We are staying in the indigo hotel near msg. If you are going, we'll arrange a meet up before ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I wanna go too....:(

Sounds good man, any ideas about when will the tickets be on sale? I think before august or early august...

• Advertisement

I wanna go too....:(
    Kane the flights are cheap, let's do it!!

Just wish they'd hurry up and put the tickets on sale! I'm getting nervous! With this talk of The Rock showing up, it'll probably sell out well in advance so we'll have to be on the ball lads.

Just wish they'd hurry up and put the tickets on sale! I'm getting nervous! With this talk of The Rock showing up, it'll probably sell out well in advance so we'll have to be on the ball lads.
    Yes, I hope they put them on sale on the next couple of weeks. Anything in ringside between row 1 and 5 would work out for me! :D

Does anyone know what the capacity for the MSG is for a WWE show?

I'm not sure but I think I have read something about 19.000?? But I am not really sure about it...

The wiki page for the 2000 Rumble and Mania 20 have it as between 19,000 and 20,000 so looks like you're right.

• Advertisement

Kane...do it!

Initium...not sure when the tickets will go on sale...I'm checking the wwe site every day.

I would love to get ringside for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamloco724

Kane...do it!

Initium...not sure when the tickets will go on sale...I'm checking the wwe site every day.

I would love to get ringside for it.

@JohnCena: Dear Dwayne, excited that you are thinking of attending Survivor Series in MSG! U can buy your ticket on sept 10th. See you there!

just booked to go stay with a friend of mine november 19th-26th.survivor series here i come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MOSESENERGY

I'm going to be in Boston in November and I just noticed that Survivor Series is in MSG on the 20th. I'm seriously considering going to New York that day, doing a bit of sightseeing and then going to SS.

The hotels seem expensive enough...can anyone recommend any in particular? (If I am going to be fleeced, I may as well get a good one!)

Do you know the Raw before Survivor Series is in Boston? Thought you might want to catch that also if you're in Boston by then.

Do you know the Raw before Survivor Series is in Boston? Thought you might want to catch that also if you're in Boston by then.

Unfortunately, we don't arrive in Boston until the 19th Nov...the main thing is getting good seats for SS!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MOSESENERGY

Unfortunately, we don't arrive in Boston until the 19th Nov...the main thing is getting good seats for SS!:)

Never mind, i'm sure being at SS will more than make up for it!

can't wait for tickets to go on sale,ill post the presale code since i live in nyc and go to a lot of the wwe shows i get it emailed to me.

can't wait for tickets to go on sale,ill post the presale code since i live in nyc and go to a lot of the wwe shows i get it emailed to me.

Cheers bud!:D

Thanks Rud3, hopefully we'll all get sorted!

no problem,what sucks is i have to buy tickets for this and roh in fl the same day smh!money money money!

raw announced the ss tickets on sale next week during the show

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamloco724

raw announced the ss tickets on sale next week during the show

i watched raw but fast fwd some stuff i didnt see or hear this..all i keep seeing is sept 10th and a presale a few days before

have they announced any presale info yet?as i have yet to see anything about a presale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Swagg

have they announced any presale info yet?as i have yet to see anything about a presale
    Okay good im not alone on this, but has anyone recieved the presale password ..i called ticketmaster and they said it was sent out two wks ago but ive been signed up to MSG Insider for months and didnt recieve the email .

Swagg wrote: »
    Okay good im not alone on this, but has anyone recieved the presale password ..i called ticketmaster and they said it was sent out two wks ago but ive been signed up to MSG Insider for months and didnt recieve the email .

why do i find this hard to believe from tm talking out there rear end?they didn't even announce ss in nyc until a week or so ago

i am also signed up for msg and got nothing

but the presale code goes out 2 days or 3 on the week of the sale

• Advertisement
Advertisement