Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Garmin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Looks very nice. So are you tempted, as a replacement for your 405?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

RayCun wrote: »
    Looks very nice. So are you tempted, as a replacement for your 405?
    Very tempted. But I have a buddy heading to the US next week (I wouldn't pay euro prices). Sadly, it won't be available until the end of May, so I may be stuck with a new 405, for around €127. Still a good deal. The 610 would set me back €247, which is pretty steep.

Interestingly, I could pick up the Timex GPS watch for €106, but the reviews on Amazon are appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

opus wrote: »
    Just noticed in my weekly email from Pixmania that they have the 305 for €99 plus p&p of €13.99, you'll have to do the conversion to see how that compares to 99 pounds.
    It's actually the 205 that is €99. The 305 is €139 + P&P

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

Had a Garmin 310XT but it has been stolen and I have given up hope of ever getting it back.

Basically I can't afford a new one, but could possibly stretch to the 305. Can this watch show me 4 different data types at the same time like the 310xt? Ideally, time, hr, current pace, lap pace? Will the hr moniter work with it? Does the 305 have a cycling mode too? If so I think the 310XT was a bit of a waste as I don't really use anything else on it!!

Thanks

DaveR1 wrote: »
    Had a Garmin 310XT but it has been stolen and I have given up hope of ever getting it back.

Basically I can't afford a new one, but could possibly stretch to the 305. Can this watch show me 4 different data types at the same time like the 310xt? Ideally, time, hr, current pace, lap pace? Will the hr moniter work with it? Does the 305 have a cycling mode too? If so I think the 310XT was a bit of a waste as I don't really use anything else on it!!

Thanks

305 has basically all what the 310xt has in terms of display and functions but 310xt has better battery life (16 vs 8 hrs), vibrate alert and better calorie functions and slighter faster satellite pickup. for the price the 305 is a great deal and it comes with HR monitor anyway (don't think the 310xt monitor works with it but I could be wrong there).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

310 is essentially a waterproof version of the 305 which doesn't have wireless capability via ANT+. Some other minor differences but nothing major.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=142&compareProduct=27335&compareProduct=349

310 is essentially a waterproof version of the 305 which doesn't have wireless capability via ANT+. Some other minor differences but nothing major.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=142&compareProduct=27335&compareProduct=349

oh yeah forgot about being waterproof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Very tempted. But I have a buddy heading to the US next week (I wouldn't pay euro prices). Sadly, it won't be available until the end of May, so I may be stuck with a new 405, for around €127. Still a good deal. The 610 would set me back €247, which is pretty steep.

Interestingly, I could pick up the Timex GPS watch for €106, but the reviews on Amazon are appalling.

Krusty were can you get the 610 for 247euro??

luzon wrote: »
    Krusty were can you get the 610 for 247euro??
    Amazon.com, shipped to a US address, and brought back by someone you know. My Forerunner 405 arrived yesterday (€130).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

The 405 is an excellent piece of gear, once you get used to using the bezel (which doesn't take long). Its nice and small as well and looks like a regular watch which is nice. It was one of the problems with the 305, it was a little bulky.

• Advertisement

Amazon.com, shipped to a US address, and brought back by someone you know. My Forerunner 405 arrived yesterday (€130).

I've nobody to bring it back for me:mad:

I've nobody to bring it back for me:mad:
    Garmin 305 is around €110 delivered from amazon.co.uk, if you don't mind the size.

Too big i was originally looking at the 410 but too pricey the prices on

amazon.com are fantastic i'll keep looking.

If i buy from these direct do you think i'll be stung for duty??

http://www.clevertraining.com/gafo410.html

If i buy from these direct do you think i'll be stung for duty??

http://www.clevertraining.com/gafo410.html
    I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of getting stung for duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Frantic Frank

yes, Luzon is correct, it is quite common now for packages to be intercepted by customs. Vat & duty can add another 50% to the advertised price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

So,could I get a friend in the U.S to buy from there remove the packaging
    and post to me,or would I still get hit by customs?

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    So,could I get a friend in the U.S to buy from there remove the packaging
    and post to me,or would I still get hit by customs?
    I presume there's no duty payable for returning a watch you left behind when you were visiting with friends in the US, but you really want a different forum to go asking those kinds of questions, like Consumer Issues.

Has anyone seen a forerunner 110(red black version) for less than 160Euro?
    thanks

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a forerunner 110(red black version) for less than 160Euro?
    thanks
    Grey version is £105 (€121) delivered, from Amazon.co.uk (without HRM).

• Advertisement

Thanks Krusty,I picked one up with hrm 160e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

87 Euro from amazon.com for 305

Advertisement