Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog boarding kennels around Galway??

• 06-05-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone can reccommend any boarding kennels within a 15/20 mile radius of the city? I hate the thoughts of putting my dog into kennels in the first place especially as he's a rescue dog so would love to get some reccomendations or warnings of where to avoid if thats the case?!! Or if anyone has any other suggestions?

The main thing is that he is secured as he has cleared a whopping 6 foot fence before, can run very fast (greyhound cross kangaroo) and wouldn't have the best road sense-all in all a bad combination:D.

What does everyone else do when they go away?

Not sure if I should have posted this in the pet forum but tbh think il get a better response here!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

We use The Dog Company just past Bushypark. They also pick up and drop off.

www.thedogcompany.ie

We also use them for grooming and find them very good.

There's supposed to be a very good place near Abbeyknockmoy, but I don't have details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

We have used OranKennells outside Oranmore a couple of times 091 794563.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

http://www.galwaykennels.com/

these are located in ardrahan, just a few mins past oranmore.

they are absolutely brilliant, cant recommend highly enough.we put our boxer in there when we go on holidays every year.

the owners are very nice and love dogs.they also do grooming etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

http://www.galwaykennels.com/

these are located in ardrahan, just a few mins past oranmore.

they are absolutely brilliant, cant recommend highly enough.we put our boxer in there when we go on holidays every year.

the owners are very nice and love dogs.they also do grooming etc.

hi, could you tell me when the dog is in his/her pen can they get outside to some grass to do there business, or are they reliant on someone letting them out.thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

This may be slightly further than you wish to travel, but PAWMARKS in Headford is where we always take our two terrorists.

Doris and Henry have a wonderful set up, and your dog will stay inside one of the two cottages. They have a large 'run around' area and take their guests on long walks around Cong or Clonbur.

They only take a few dogs at a time depending on the temprement of current guests.

If your pet is like our two spoilt brats :o then it will be a home away from home for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

ive used the guys in mountbellew kennels and they are very good,if thats not too far for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

I would highly recommend Kennels in Bushypark

and would advise to stay well away from Kennels in Ardrahan, Have heard bad reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 annaq

[QUOTE=irishlady29;
    and would advise to stay well away from Kennels in Ardrahan, Have heard bad reports.[/QUOTE]
    + 1
    we had a terrible experience there also-definitely would not recommend them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Fey! wrote: »
    We use The Dog Company just past Bushypark. They also pick up and drop off.

www.thedogcompany.ie

We also use them for grooming and find them very good.

+1

Our dog was very happy there. And they're very nice. Each dog has a heat lamp which is great. I believe they're walked twice a day but you can check.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Bruscar

RichT wrote: »
    This may be slightly further than you wish to travel, but PAWMARKS in Headford is where we always take our two terrorists.

+1 I highly recommend them. We leave our fella there too and find them absolutley fantastic. A real home away from home (actually, he probably thinks it's better!!).

I agree with RichT, the set up is great... cozy home, secure play area, even down to organising trips to the woods/lake/beach etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Woofs and Wags in Belclare (between Galway and Tuam) are brilliant - I've used them for the last few years and nothing has been a hassle for them. They have covered-in runs so the dogs get fresh air but can't escape.

Tell them Fred the Basset sent you!

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 galdub

I leave my dog in Top Dogs in Kinvara. I found this place when I brought my dog to be groomed. They only keep one persons dog on site. The dog has a pen with indoor and outdoor areas.

I found them friendly and helpful and my dog came home happy. They were not too expensive either six or seven euro a night I think.

Ph: 0862446395

• Registered Users Posts: 33 taceistagam

Thanks everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 geometric farms

annaq wrote: »
    + 1
    we had a terrible experience there also-definitely would not recommend them
    could you be more specific?
    have left my dog there a couple of times but she hasn 't told me anything.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Geometric farms, the user you have quoted has long since been site-banned, as you'll see under their user name.
    As this is a zombie thread, I'm closing it now.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement