Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AGM M4 barrel wobble

• 06-05-2011 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hi,

I am new to airsoft and have just purchased my first gun, an agm m4 gbb. I havent fired a shot with it yet but have noticed that my barrel is wobbling.

I find it hard stripping it and have got the guards off but I am perplexed what to do next.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Have you tried removing the handguards and turning the inner delta ring to tighten the barrel?

It's the inner ring in the attached pic, the one with the pointed sides.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/images/big/M4%20metal%20body%20delta%20ring%20assembly.jpg

If you can see the threads on the inside, those are what the barrel threads into and the barrel might be a little loose in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

If the bottom of the barrel (furthest from the muzzle) has allen bolts in, try tightening them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dolf

Thanks for the reply. Ive taken the guards off but the problem is that there is a thin silver barrel blocking me from doing that and I cant figure how to take it off

Sorry, I forgot some use allen keys. My APS M4 just needs the ring to be turned. Check if they're there like FK said.

If they aren't there, you probably have to tighten the delta ring
    That's the gas tube. It is usually attached to the front sight. If there are little screws on it, loosen them and take out the screws (store them so you don't loose them).

You should now be able to slide the front sight forward until the gastube comes away from the delta ring. Tighten the delta ring now that it isn't obstructed.

Then move the gas tube back into position and make sure the front post is lined upright before putting the screws back on and attaching it to the barrel. Also, use the handguards to make sure the front post is not too far or near to the delta ring that the handguards won't fit properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Front sight should have two pins under, at a horizontal angle, front and rear, and a grub screw underneath near the mount for the sling bracket.

remove the pins, loosen the screw, and remove the pin in the centre, tiny pin where the gas tube rests, that should release the gas tube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dolf

Thanks a million for the help. I managed to take off the front sight and tighten the delta bolt.

Cheers guys

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Now, you know what to do in the future if you or a friend has the problem.

Advertisement