Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help deciding what phone to get?!

Options
  • 06-05-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

If you're happy with the e63 then I would recommend the Nokia E6 http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products/all-phones/nokia-e6-00

It isn't released yet but got to play with one the other day and its very impressive. I've had the e71 and then the e72 so they're pretty similar to the E63 and this seems a major step up. It has the touch screen (very nice) but also allows you to use the normal pad and text using the qwerty keypad.

The Nokia guy who gave me a look at the phone says he expects it to be released on Vodafone in July. No date confirmed yet for o2 but hopefully it will be around the same time if they pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Yeah its got the touchscreen. Very handy for flicking between different screens for the brief period I got to use one. Seems to be very customisable. It's got a month's stand by time too so I'd imagine the battery is pretty decent.

Not sure what networks its coming to yet. As I say the guy from Nokia said he expected it to be released on Vodafone in July so I'd imagine (hope) that the other networks pick it up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Blackberry's come with that charge because you get all your worths of Facebook, Twitter, Internet Browsing, Blackberry Messenger etc. all included in that price. Seems pretty good.

Though if you're looking at the new E6, I'd say you will be able to play Angry Birds on it, once the phone is capable of playing it and it's available in the Ovi store of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Lordfranto

Hi I'm new to this, but on the subject of a new phone, if u are considering going for a smart phone I recommend waiting a few weeks and getting the new samsung galaxy s2. It is simply the most versatile and advanced phone available at present! Only problem as of yet there is no release date for Ireland, it is currently available on the uk! I rang samsung yesterday and the girl on the other end insisted that the phone has been released in al the uk including Ireland!

Advertisement