Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new sky+hd box deal

• 06-05-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Ok so I know this has been asked before but I'm wondering if the goalposts have changed given the times we are in.

Basically a guy or "rep" called to my door, showed id and offered me the deal.
    Basically he said he could offer me a new sky+ hd box and install for e49, all I had to do was cancel my existing and resign using my other halfs name no problems no strings.

Now this sounds like a too good to be true deal, or a new customer deal, but I'm wondering where can I go wrong.

I would imagine sky must be aware of this, but I'm wondering are they playing dumb to hold on to the customers that have the will to try it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I wouldn't go there if I were you unless you get it in writing and preferrably from Sky.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

I am a bit skeptical, but what can go wrong, and what can sky do if they dont like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

cut you off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

new customers only....... obviously means homes that don't all ready have sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

€49 for new customers is the wrong price,it's free for the box and €30 install/setup fee.

The practice of signing up for new customer deals under different names is very common,the existing customers simply cancel their old account and start again under a new name.
    Sky take a dim view of this as it's essentially fraud in their eyes-if they catch you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement