Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some music

Options
  • 06-05-2011 7:53pm
    Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have just downloaded an Andrea bocelli album and will have a listen to it later, but dont have a clue when it comes to classical music and dont know what else to buy.

Can anyone recommend me their favourite albums /songs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Depends what you're looking for. Classical is more than just dainty string quartets:)

When you're not listening to classical, what do you listen to?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

obvious I know nothing about classical :pac:

I like easy listening, with a bit of chart/rock thrown in also ballady type music- johnny cash, leonard coen, steve earle, jeff buckly, eddie vedder but I quite like rhianna, lady gaga and adele, black eyed peas too.

I'm willing to give anything a listen - I like operatic type songs, but dont know what would be a good place to start - liked listening to andrea bocelli earlier, and think I will download some paverotti. I thought the cavatina song from the deerhunter movie is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

Recommend you listen to radio 3, lyric fm or classic fm online and get some ideas there of what you might like to hear more of.

Advertisement