Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Browse Boards.ie on a Mobile Device?

Options
  • 06-05-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

There are some changes in the pipeline to do with the mobile version of Boards.ie so, as the title says, I'm just curious how many of you browse the site on a mobile device.

Personally I'm usually not too far from a computer so I don't browse it all that often on a mobile device but then I am getting old so all you hip trendy young folks might do things differently :).

Do You Browse Boards.ie on a Mobile Device? 33 votes

Yes, I browse using a mobile device.
    0%
    No, I browse using a computer.
    100%
    120_Minutess8nShamoBigConSarkyseanybikerAlkersDravokivichNuminaMotley CrueNailzSnake PliiskenMushygrimm2005phasersPogMoThoinwilserscudzillaSephiroth_dudeDrumSteve 33 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

90% of the time i'm on my laptop at home. Occasionally i browse on my phone on a break in work,usually the full site,not the mobile version.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yup I do indeed browse on my phone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I use my ipod sometimes for boards, but i never use the mobile version. Just the normal one through the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I probably would if I didn't have a phone that I believe is approaching 7 or 8 years old. This thing just about has a colour display, never mind anything that could use boards mobile. Maybe one day i'll upgrade, maybe...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I'm still on Symbian S60v5. The mobile site doesn't come up automatically on Opera Mini, my favourite browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Laptop only, I don't like them mobile phones ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Mainly on my laptop.

I have checked up on threads on my Android browser before. That'd be with the normal full site though, not the mobile version.

If there was a nice app optimised for Android/Iphone I wouldn't be complaining though

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Laptop always. Never tried it on my phone.
    Also what has this got to do with Rock & Metal or even music?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If I'm in work i'll be on pc, most other times on my Droid (Desire HD)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Also what has this got to do with Rock & Metal or even music?:D
    Nothing really, I just wanted to see what the way the users of this forum browse it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nay, I don't have anything along the lines of a smartphone (I hate those things, simple phones do me). I'm pretty much always near a computer, so my browsing is on one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

About 99% of the time I use my mobile. It's great because I don't have to look at some of the stupid sigs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

seanybiker wrote: »
    About 99% of the time I use my mobile. It's great because I don't have to look at some of the stupid sigs.
    Well you can always turn them off..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yes, I pretty much always browse Boards off my phone, I would say 90% of the time anyway, although never on the mobile version. The rest of the time it would be off my laptop at home or in college, and very rarely my work computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Denny M wrote: »
    didn't know that. I rarely use the full site anyways so it's grand. Like the simplicity of the mobile version. Tis a pain in the sack if you have a really long reply though and get bored typing on a touch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I always use my laptop. If I had a smartphone I might use the mobile version, so maybe in future.

seanybiker wrote: »
    didn't know that. I rarely use the full site anyways so it's grand. Like the simplicity of the mobile version. Tis a pain in the sack if you have a really long reply though and get bored typing on a touch screen.
    Yeah, that'd probably be a huge pain on the relatively small screen :S

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mostly on my phone since my laptop broke and I'm away from home a lot mid-week. Use the mobile site too, find it bit handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Denny M wrote: »
    That really should be something that's made more prominent.

Click here to edit your options. Scroll down to the "Thread Display Options" section. Untick "Show Signatures". Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i use my phone sometimes but find it awkward enought that it would put me off posting unless i realll wanted to.

use an ipad too but the fiddlyness of moving pages without touching the damn journal add ( i will now never use the journal coz of this) drives me crazy so pc it is 90% of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

i use my phone sometimes but find it awkward enought that it would put me off posting unless i realll wanted to.

use an ipad too but the fiddlyness of moving pages without touching the damn journal add ( i will now never use the journal coz of this) drives me crazy so pc it is 90% of time
    Use an iPad as well, I know what you mean, it's the same on the iPhone, although I tend to hit the ad less on the iPhone, oddly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Malice wrote: »
    Nothing really, I just wanted to see what the way the users of this forum browse it.
    Thumbs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

no i always use pc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I've used it on my phone before, sure, but try to avoid it whenever possible and use a netbook instead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh ya I use the normal one too through the browser but sometimes it reverts back to the mobile version which is annoying as I find it harder to navigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

pc at work (which is when i use boards most tbh :) )

laptop at home

The odd time (if im in a pub waitin for a mate or something) then via my phone but this would be in c 5% of my usage at most!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya, use my phone lots but use the full site, I'm not a fan of the mobile site

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Phazer

Use my phone about 90% of the time. I find the mobile version to be simple and convienent.
    The only problem is that theres no way of reading whats under spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

IPhone/iPad, full site always.

• Advertisement
Advertisement