Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed Killer

• 06-05-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a pet friendly weed killer and grass seed, i have scorch marks all over the garden because of a certain someone and want to try grow back the grass, also want to get rid of a load of weeds

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Most weedkillers are fine for pets and children, as long as pets are kept are kept off until it's dry. I used weedol for lawns or verdone although verdone isn't widely available anymore. Woodies in Galway have it.

All lawnseed is fine around pets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

I can highly reccommend Irish Organic Weedkiller

It is Irish made by a guy called Oisin Concannon living up the road from me in County Galway. He came up with the product as his wife has a creche and she was concerned about using weedkiller anywhere near the kid play areas so he designes this product that is child and pet friendly.

It is available on the [URL="ttp://gardentime.ie/index.php/irish-organic-weed-killer.html"]online[/URL] and from Woodies and "all Good DIY Stores & Garden Centres" :-)

I have used it myself and it is very effective :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Vinegar also kills weeds!

Advertisement