Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Des Kelly give bad service

• 06-05-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just want to share my bad experience with Des Kelly today. Last Friday my mother bought a bed and expected it to be delivered that day. It turns out just because it was bought, it wasn't ordered so it wasn't out for delivery. They told her they would phone her the next Friday morning (today) at 11 am and let her know when it would be delivered. They didn't phone. She phoned them but couldn't get any satisfaction. She was given the driver's number but couldn't get through to him. So she went with my brother to their store in Long Mile Road and asked them what was going on. She found out he would be delivering her bed at three o clock. It turned out he arrived at 4 O Clock and was by himself. Which meant he wouldn't go upstairs by himself to deliver the bed, so I gave him a hand bringing the bed up to the room.
    When we were bringing the bed up he was in such a hurry he barged me into the room I was backing into so he could take the bed up the next flight of stairs and he didn't even apologise. Ignorant so and so.

Also it was up to us to get rid of the packaging and all that, which isn't the case with Reids and other people. Apparantly they assemble the bed for you too and leave no waste behind. Not so with Des Kelly, they just deliver the bed in your house and drive off.
    Not great customer service I think you'll agree, giving my elderly mother the run around like that. It's the last time any of us will ever go to Des Kelly again.

Do we have to love him? Ehhhhh no.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Meh. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eamonster

Well I didn't pay for it. My mother did. If it was me I would have asked for my money back there and then and shop elsewhere, but my mammy ;o) didn't want the hassle of looking for a new bed.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't expect one so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Eamonster wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Didn't expect one so quickly.

You're welcome ;)

Unfortunately you do get that kind of service with DK. But they're cheap, I'll give them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

On the subject of packing, Reid/Sleepmaster and various other retailers do not dispose of packing, as these companies are registered with Repack it is up to the customer to dispose of either in the green bin or local recycling centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

had bad experience myself,ordered a couch and paid delivery fee..when opened door,phone goes off so walk into my sitting room but still in view of delivery men,..they come in just plant couch in hall,and go and walk back and get in their van...had to call them back,ask them would they mind putting couch the extra 3 feet into sitting room....you swear i asked to buy their baby the look i was given....they agree to do it but mumble something that i dont fully hear,but pretty sure hear a "**** sake"..also had to unpackage it myself and get rid of packaging....never had any other problem with any other stuff delivered to house...usually deliverly men bring item to wherever in house you want...really bad customer service

• Advertisement

Ahhh I see. I was under the impression they did. My mistake.

Anyway, the lesson we learnt was don't buy the bed outright (or anything else related to home interiors). Pay a deposit and that will ensure a speedy delivery as they will be keen to get the balance of the payment. The donkey and carrot method, but it works.

Yeah the delivery man we had wasn't the most affable sort either. The way he just barged me into that room. I swear if my mother wasn't around I would have told him to take it easy and use plenty of expletives while I was at it.

But as AmDublin said, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Never again.

No company will deliver with only a deposit, would not make for viable business.
    @ themick, delivery is only to the designated address this does not include placement into a room, most delivery guys will but its not a requirement

@Lil-ms-vodka You learn something new everyday. Well maybe DK's service isn't all that ****e after all, they do the bare minimum I suppose. But to give my mother the runaround like that was bad form.

It's bad form to mess any customer around regardless of age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Gago77

I had a similar exp with Des Kelly a few weeks ago when buying a carpet of them. I phoned them on the originally stated delivery day and was told that it would arrive in a few hours. The guy on the phone encouraged me to clear the room from all furniture and my current carpet so I did so. Than the carpet did not arrive for almost a week!! I kept phoning them and they promised call backs that never happened.. We have a studio and we had to live on the bare floor for a week. And when the carpet actually got delivered it turned out that they had cut the wrong size! So joins had to be made which doesn`t look very well.. Also the guy failed to cleaned the floor from debris and small pebbles that somehow came up from the floor when I removed the old carpet and as a result I have humps in my carpet :( I should have done it myself but I thought he knows better. Also he did not clean up any bit.. This was the last time I bought anything there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread, therefore closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement