Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of appetite?

Options
  • 06-05-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering has any one else experienced a loss of appetite towaard the end of their pregnancy? Im 35wks and for the past week iv just not been feeling hungry and picking at food. Im trying too force myself to make things and eat them but suddenly no food is appealing to me and forcing myself to eat when im not very hungry just makes me feel sick... But i dont want baby to go hungry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The same thing happened to me from 33 weeks on. I think it's quite normal. I ate bird sized portions. My Christmas dinner was tiny. I didn't exactly lose my appetite in the sense that I still wanted to eat food but I couldn't eat very much. I used to be so sick if I ate too much and guessed it was because the baby was pressing on my stomach too so it was much smaller than normal.

As soon as I had my baby I was ravenous and ate anything I could get my hands on for days after. In fact as soon as my waters broke (and there was more room for babs to move around) my appetite came back.

Advertisement