Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gay Byrne Radio Show Jingles

• 06-05-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all Gay Byrne fans ! As we know, the theme tune to the famous radio show (Tico's Tune) finally appeared in full, for all the world to hear. And I have no doubt, that every single GB fan will have listened to it and downloaded it by now! But here's a little something extra, for those who have an interest in radio jingles! Back in the golden age of radio before the digital era took over, jingles were played as we know on the continuous loop tape 'carts'.. The cart was simply popped into the jingle machine and the jingle 'fired' instantly. The machine then automatically re-cued the jingle ready to be played again, without any need for the DJ to rewind the tape (like the audio cassette). I have the jingle machines, and the four pieces of the GB show theme on separate carts (exactly and as originally played on the show). 1 : Start of show. 2 : Jingle for going into commercial break. 3 : Jingle for coming out of commercial break. 4 : Close of show. I intend very soon to video my playing these wonderful carts in my studio, and put the video on YouTube! Yes, it's great that the 'impossible to find' Tico's Tune finally appeared in full for all the world to hear. But if you're into jingles as well as being a big fan of Gaybo and all the magic of his radio show over the years.... you will love this video when I put it on YouTube ! In the meantime, I look forward to comments/questions to this thread !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fm 1

Can't wait do it soon the sooner the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Yeah! Let's know when you do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TicoStudio90

PS : I did the voice of Gaybo on Scrap Saturday back in the 90's and will try to include a short scripted piece to add extra flavour !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Gaybo was the greatest Irish broadcaster ever.The guy was a natural.Superb interviewer,spontaneous,funny,empathic.Pure radio gold.

Advertisement