Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy Milk Choco's

Options
  • 06-05-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked up a pack of these in my local Londis.

IMG_3569.JPG

Basically solid dairy milk chocolate sweets.. roughly the same size of a rolo.

Very tasty.. somewhat reminiscent of Marabou Rolls (but not as nice.. they can still be picked up in my local Mace).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

oooooooooooooooooh!! Must try!
    I do like Marabou, and I do like Cadburys (most of the time) ... this could be gooood

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Like Minstrels or something? Sounds really dull :(.

I assume less like minstrels cuz they have a crispy shell, these would be I guess like Rolo but without the caramel.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No crispy shell... so not like Minstrels.

And as for the Rolo comparison? C'mon, Cadbury's chocolate trumps Nestle EVERY time.

They are tasty.. but not as nice as Marabou (which is the closest I can compare them to).

Basq wrote: »
    And as for the Rolo comparison? C'mon, Cadbury's chocolate trumps Nestle EVERY time.

They are tasty.. but not as nice as Marabou (which is the closest I can compare them to).

No I was trying to describe them in idea to Faith if she wasn't sure what Marabou were. Obviously they trump Néstle :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh no, I know what Marabou are but I think it sounds really dull with Dairy Milk. Then again, I find Dairy Milk to be a boring chocolate unless it's paired with something interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

I saw that but didn't know what a "chico roll" was..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Basq wrote: »
    I saw that but didn't know what a "chico roll" was..

:D
    Ahhhhhhh, okay. Yeah, I didn't get that. I went and googled "Cadbury Chico Rolls" and everything.

Anyway, bought some Choco Rolls today and my verdict is very nice indeed!

I tried them, is it just me or do they taste like Cadbury easter egg chocolate?

Not that I mind that though

• Advertisement

Yeah, I thought that too.

Yeah, I thought that too.

Good to know it's not just me :)
    Though I do still have easter eggs downstairs... probably should make krispie buns!

star-pants wrote: »
    Good to know it's not just me :)
    Though I do still have easter eggs downstairs... probably should make krispie buns!
    Impossible! :eek: It's been three weeks since Easter, they should be well and truly demolished!

Impossible! :eek: It's been three weeks since Easter, they should be well and truly demolished!

I know, but I've been unlucky to have had two kidney infections and an upset stomach in between so haven't been able to eat as much as I'd like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Would love to try them. What shops generally have people seen them in? Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Those marabou rolls are immense, nothing will ever beat them. Someone in work brought back marabou chocolate bars from their holidays. Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

They are the exact same as Cadburys easter eggs! so yummy!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Those marabou rolls are immense, nothing will ever beat them. Someone in work brought back marabou chocolate bars from their holidays. Amazing stuff.

You don't have to go on holidays to get them, they have them in Ikea.

Zaph wrote: »
    As I noted in the original post, my local Mace has them too.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, but nobody knows where your local Mace is. Ikea, on the other hand, is hard to miss, although admittedly it's not handy for Sligo. :D

• Advertisement

I'm very tempted to go to IKEA just for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Marabou bars!?

Road trip to IKEA!

I've seen them in a few different Centras and a couple of Dunnes stores so I reckon you should find them pretty easily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I haven't seen these yet,dying to try them. I used to love the Moments they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I bought a pack of these the other day and I was very dissapointed. They are rotten.

I think they are made in Poland. The Polish Cadbury stuff tastes totally different from the stuff made in UK\Ireland. It seems to have less milk in the chocolate and has a much more bitter taste than the UK\Irish Cadbury Dairy Milk

jahalpin wrote: »
    I bought a pack of these the other day and I was very dissapointed. They are rotten.

I think they are made in Poland. The Polish Cadbury stuff tastes totally different from the stuff made in UK\Ireland. It seems to have less milk in the chocolate and has a much more bitter taste than the UK\Irish Cadbury Dairy Milk

Nooooooooooooo, how can you say that? They taste exactly like Cadbury easter eggs, yummy!

I was in IKEA last week, I got all excited as we walked round the rest of the store. Alas, it wasn't to be, they had none of this wonderful stuff. :(

I picked up some other chocolate though, in the vain hope that it would compare to marabou. :( Just :(

Dunnes in Rathmines always have the rolls though. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

ciaramc wrote: »
    Would love to try them. What shops generally have people seen them in? Thanks.

They have them in tesco or spar. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

I've tried them i thought they were nice but it would be a bit better if they were sweeter they are a bit bland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement