Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fota Island Resort from Cork city?

Options
  • 06-05-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hi Cork Boardies!

Could you please help out? I am getting the train tomorrow morning to Cork where I am staying in Fota Island Resort. What is the best way to get from Cork train station to Fota Island Resort. I see there is a train station on Fota. Could I get the train to the station on Fota? Is the hotel far? Walkable or would I have to get a bus/taxi from Fota station to hotel?

Thanks guys!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Fota has its own stop on the Cobh line. Don't know about the walk from there to the hotel though.

Timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sideshowsue

The easiest would be to take a cab from Kent Station Cork to the Fota Resort. It would be about 20 minutes and set you back about 30 euros. If you want to save on the cab fare, what you could do is take the Cobh train and get off at Glounthaune. The downside is that you would have to ring to get a cab since there is no taxi rank in Glounthaune. But from Glounthaune to Fota Resort it's about a 5 minute drive.

Fota train station is practically a whistle stop of a station, so forget about getting a cab from there. Also, there is no direct from the station to the resort, so it's not even possible to walk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

The easiest would be to take a cab from Kent Station Cork to the Fota Resort. It would be about 20 minutes and set you back about 30 euros. If you want to save on the cab fare, what you could do is take the Cobh train and get off at Glounthaune. The downside is that you would have to ring to get a cab since there is no taxi rank in Glounthaune. But from Glounthaune to Fota Resort it's about a 5 minute drive.

Fota train station is practically a whistle stop of a station, so forget about getting a cab from there. Also, there is no direct from the station to the resort, so it's not even possible to walk it.

Thanks so be best bet just grab a cab from the Station in Cork City??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sideshowsue

Thanks so be best bet just grab a cab from the Station in Cork City??

Definitely. The cab fare is pricey, but you save yourself a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Sorry, i know this is rather late, but if you take the train then you get off the stop right after Fota - the hotel will then pick you up from that point (in a golf cart sometimes :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Probably pointless posting this now, but as far as I know the hotel have their own minibus so you should call them before you get to Fota train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Probably pointless posting this now, but as far as I know the hotel have their own minibus so you should call them before you get to Fota train station.

I've seen it collecting people at Glounthaune station.

Advertisement