Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭badabing106

Originally Posted by Mountainsandh

[IMG][/img]viewpost.gif

I'm sorry K-9, I expected that question, but there is absolutely no way I would explain anything on here, you just have to take my word for it I'm afraid. I know it sounds mysterious, but I can tell you it's not as serious as a murder case, but much more serious than a traffic offense sort of thing. (I have seen a good few of reports of people being extorted money by Portugese road police for minor offences, in magasines, news...).
    Sorry

:P:

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭badabing106

respond to that Mountainsandh

you are online ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I always found this first interview very telling. At this point the couple are not the media masters they are today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YWCVSjIJk8

Listen to kate try and take the focus off the fact that she did not search physically for her abducted child, instead, she goes off on a tangent about how other people have given her strength.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

respond to that Mountainsandh

you are online ...

That's extremely rude! :mad: For your information, people can be online without actually being at their computer/laptop. Are you one of the escapees from Madeleine forums that has made their way here and this thread their home? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Stella89 wrote: »
    I don't think the Portugese DPP would have been dismissive of the biggest Portugese force search and investigation ever made in Portugals history , and the conclusion that they came to . I think he would have realised that this case was becoming a political and economic nightmare for everyone concerned and like Gerry McCAnn said " Find the body, prove that we killed her" .:o

Goncala Amaral summarized it well .

"In the way that the process was archived, it’s not reopened due to political reasons.” This, despite “the understanding of the Portuguese and the English investigators, in September 2007, being that there was a death and the concealment of a cadaver. "

As said in the original post, If this couple were not doctors with contacts, they would not have gotten away with disrupting the cause of justice .

Heh Stella. Sorry for not responding to your post earlier; I haven't been back to the thread in a couple of days. I think you may have taken me up completely wrongly. I wasn't dismissing the conclusions of the PJ or the British police at all, nor was I trying to imply that the Portuguese DPP did not come to the same conclusions. I was merely trying to point out the fact that the DPP has to be able to make a very strong case which he believes he can prove BEYOND A REASONABLE doubt before he will entertain the idea of prosecuting a case.

What I was actually trying to say was that while there is a lot of circumstancial evidence (and real evidence) which would lead most people to view the McCanns with grave scepticism, and for a lot of people, would make the probability of their involvement in Madeleine's disappearance, more likely than unlikely, there is not anywhere near enough concrete evidence to return a guilty verdict, and anyone who thinks there is is not fit to sit on a jury imo.

If you see any of my previous posts in this thread you will know that I have my own grave misgivings about the whole case but this does not mean I would find the McCanns guilty in a court of law.

Hope that clarifies what I was trying to say.

Choco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DerekWaters

Heh Stella. Sorry for not responding to your post earlier; I haven't been back to the thread in a couple of days. I think you may have taken me up completely wrongly. I wasn't dismissing the conclusions of the PJ or the British police at all, nor was I trying to imply that the Portuguese DPP did not come to the same conclusions. I was merely trying to point out the fact that the DPP has to be able to make a very strong case which he believes he can prove BEYOND A REASONABLE doubt before he will entertain the idea of prosecuting a case.

What I was actually trying to say was that while there is a lot of circumstancial evidence (and real evidence) which would lead most people to view the McCanns with grave scepticism, and for a lot of people, would make the probability of their involvement in Madeleine's disappearance, more likely than unlikely, there is not anywhere near enough concrete evidence to return a guilty verdict, and anyone who thinks there is is not fit to sit on a jury imo.

If you see any of my previous posts in this thread you will know that I have my own grave misgivings about the whole case but this does not mean I would find the McCanns guilty in a court of law.

Hope that clarifies what I was trying to say.

Choco.

Good post Choco

Unless the childs body turns up or one of the McCanns cracks then this case will not be resloved.

Colin Howell & Hazel Stewart spent the best part of twenty years as free citizens before Colin confessed to clear his conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I always found this first interview very telling. At this point the couple are not the media masters they are today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YWCVSjIJk8

Listen to kate try and take the focus off the fact that she did not search physically for her abducted child, instead, she goes off on a tangent about how other people have given her strength.:rolleyes:

I always wonder about that aswell - who would not want to get out there and search for their child?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Good post Choco

Unless the childs body turns up or one of the McCanns cracks then this case will not be resloved.

Colin Howell & Hazel Stewart spent the best part of twenty years as free citizens before Colin confessed to clear his conscious.

It took him 20 years to grow one. I fear the McCanns are incapable of that feat no matter how much time will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I always wonder about that aswell - who would not want to get out there and search for their child?!
    I know I am repeating myself and have posted it before but a mothers instinct is that of a tigers and most mothers would dig till their hand bled and rummage through bins and hunt under bushes and lift every manhole to find their cub .
    It astonishes me that Kate was not out day and nigth , that Gerry was not on the beach , scrubland and in every crevice to look for Madeleine
    It goes against every instinct and reflex a parent has in my opinion .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

lugha wrote: »
    Not for the first time have I got the impression that the McCanns know "something".
    I think this is one thing that we can definitely rule out. Either they know nothing at all or they know everything, or everything that is relevant. They are either involved or they are not, there is no middle ground.

Kate McCann said "I was there, I know more than you do"

http://www.zimbio.com/Gerry+McCann's+Blog/articles/s018RvX_iQM/Kate+McCann+knows+there

So why doesn't she tell us what she knows?

badabing106, I have to say though, I have watched a few of these videos of the dogs, and the handler either tapping or signalling with the hand to a particular area was quite obvious to me. In the McCanns hire car case, the handler repeatedly calls back the dog, and signals with the hand where he wants the dog to check. I'm not sure I quite trust that tbh.

Look for the long version of the hire car check, the short version is edited and does not show the handler calling the dog back AFAIR.

Again in the apartment, it is like the handler is pointing the dog towards the back of the sofa, even pulling up the curtains if I remember well. I had read accounts that the handler wasn't there, but in the video I have seen, he definitely was on the spot, signalling to the dog what areas to check.

The dog alerted before he even went into the apartment, at the doorstep AFAIR (will look it up)

"The dog's behaviour for these alerts led me to the following opinions. The first alert was given with the dog’s head in the air without a positive area being identified. This is the alert given by him when there is no tangible evidence to be located [i.e. a physical corpse], only the remaining scent

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/2011/03/martin-grimes-sniffer-dog-eddie-was.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

maebee wrote: »
    Kate McCann said "I was there, I know more than you do"

http://www.zimbio.com/Gerry+McCann's+Blog/articles/s018RvX_iQM/Kate+McCann+knows+there

So why doesn't she tell us what she knows?
    I would say, no you do not Kate, unless you were actually involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

I really cannot see how she might be a little bit involved. But then Kate is prone to saying rather odd things :).

lugha wrote: »
    I would say, no you do not Kate, unless you were actually involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

I really cannot see how she might be a little bit involved. But then Kate is prone to saying rather odd things :).

I believe she knows a lot more than the rest of us and this just slipped from her mouth accidentally. As you say Lugha, Kate is prone to saying very odd things. Only yesterday she was moaning about the lack of support they received after Madeleine's disappearance :eek: yet in her book she says

"Recalling how a trauma counsellor flew to the Algarve to help the couple while they continued searching for their daughter, Kate said: “I can’t overestimate how much of a difference that made".

They've had more support than any other family of a missing child. I'm sure Kerry Needham didn't have the British Ambassador fly out to Kos days after little Ben disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It astonishes me that Kate was not out day and nigth , that Gerry was not on the beach , scrubland and in every crevice to look for Madeleine
    It goes against every instinct and reflex a parent has in my opinion .

It makes perfect sense why they didn't go looking for her. They knew exactly where she was from the start. Hidden, where they put her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

For your information

The expert police cadaver dog( flown in especially from the U.K) checked all the appartments in the vicinity of the McCanns and only found the scent of a corpse in Appartment 5A-The appartment of the McCanns

The same expert police cadaver dog checked 10 cars in an underground carpark, and only found the scent of a corpse in the McCanns car
    the cent of a corpse can be explained by the fact that we are speaking of doctors here, one of them could have been dealing with a person who passed away a short time before they went on vacation, scent could be on bag or coat that they had on day of search,
    also i cannot see the number of people who were at dinner that night without one or two of them not being able to take the strain of knowing they were involved in something terrible, and in the past cases that are spoken about here, none of the people in those cases have worked as hard as the mccannes to find out where their child was, and last but most important of all, the mccannes are doctors trained to save lives,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

goat2 wrote: »
    none of the people in those cases have worked as hard as the mccannes to find out where their child was, and last but most important of all, the mccannes are doctors trained to save lives,

:rolleyes: it doesnt matter that theyre doctors

and all they have done is hinder the investigation from day one

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

the cent of a corpse can be explained by the fact that we are speaking of doctors here, one of them could have been dealing with a person who passed away a short time before they went on vacation, scent could be on bag or coat that they had on day of search,
    also i cannot see the number of people who were at dinner that night without one or two of them not being able to take the strain of knowing they were involved in something terrible, and in the past cases that are spoken about here, none of the people in those cases have worked as hard as the mccannes to find out where their child was, and last but most important of all, the mccannes are doctors trained to save lives,
    It certainly can be detected so no reason why Kate wouldn't give her casefile prior to Portugal to the PJ, If she had dealt with a Corpse sure this can be proved without any fuss problem solved or isit?! For a start a good point raised here by another poster was, That if this was how the Cadaver was transfered then surely it would have been all over 5A Apartment & not just a couple of spot's here & there & the same for the Car! It would have also been picked up on all clothing as the clothes we're all Packed together. Yet Cadaver again was only found on a couple of item's! As for them being Doctor's & being trained to save Lives....So was Harold Shipmen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Silver Moon

Dr Kate Healy worked 1.5 days a week in role as a GP. Despite, what some may thnk, GPs rarely come into contact with dead bodies and the chances of the of a part-timer coming into contact with enough of them to leave any residue on the clothes that she took on holiday with her are very, very, very slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Heh folks,

Just a little point that I felt was worth mentioning. A number of posters have made the point that there is no way that the McCanns could have maintained an outward appearance of normality on the night in question had they just discovered their daughter's dead body.

What constitutes "normal"? And who has the right to define it? The Tapas 7?

What we know for a fact, beyond a reasonable doubt, is that if Kate McCann's behaviour seemed "normal" on the night in question then she was almost certainly dissembling.

She and Gerry had been rowing the night before over his behaviour in leaving the children's care in her hands while he was busy flirting with the aerobics instructor. This is evidenced by the fact that Kate chose to sleep in the kids' room rather than the marital bed.

Now, if Kate McCann's behaviour seemed "normal" to everyone else, it means that she did a good job on the night in question of hiding her emotions.

She may very well have only been hiding the fact that all was not rosy in the McCann household rather than anything more sinister, but it seems incontravertible that, whatever her motivation, she managed to come across as if everything was fine that night to any outside observer.

• Advertisement

, and last but most important of all, the mccannes are doctors trained to save lives,
    They were also trained to protect children and look how that panned out . Of all people they would be acutely aware of the danger of choking, vomiting , falling , seizures, febrile convulsions etc yet as doctors they left three very small children alone .
    They were also trained to know the danger of an overdose of any drug in small children , by Kates own admission she had wondered if her twins were drugged on the eveing Madeleine went missing ,Yet as a trained doctor she didnt tryto wake them or check pupils were reacting or were pinpoint ,she didnt call a doctor or ambulance and have them checked out and tests done .

Madeleine: Wherein lies the Truth by Pat Brown, Criminal Profiler

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 2011

It is said there is often a lot of nonfiction in fiction and a lot of fiction in in nonfiction. Kate McCann's new autobiography, Madeleine, is a prime example of this axiom. I say 'autobiography' because Kate's book is not so much about what happened to her missing daughter, Madeleine Beth, but about Kate McCann nee Healy - her life, her loves and her losses, her trials and her tribulations. In reality, very little of the book is about the missing little girl who vanished in Praia da Luz, the lovely vacation destination in the Algarve of south Portugal; it is a carefully crafted revisionist history of one of the most puzzling missing children's cases in recent years and a strident defense of the characters and behaviors of Kate and Gerry McCann.

Children go missing every day around the world but few children get the level of publicity that has surrounded the case of Madeleine McCann, who was almost four-years-old the evening she vanished from the McCann's Ocean Club apartment, allegedly snatched from her bed as she slept in a bedroom with her twin two-year-old twin siblings, Sean and Amelie. What set this case apart from so many is the fact that her parents were not at 'home' with their children when this alleged abduction occurred; they were off in the resort complex dining and drinking with their seven friends for the evening. For that matter, all of the infant and toddler children of the Tapas restaurant party were left alone to fend for themselves while their parents enjoyed their last night in town.

Madeleine and her brother, Sean, had spent a good hour of the previous evening crying for their parents and a couple of the other children were fussy or ill, one to the point of vomiting while her parents were off having dinner. Three of the families locked up their apartments while they were gone, but the McCanns, Kate and her husband, Gerry, say they left all the doors open so that someone, apparently anyone, could have easy access to the children. The parents of these children were hardly uneducated boobs. They were medical doctors and surgeons and folks of relatively high status back home in their British communities. The case made the tabloids, but, in fact, it was the McCanns themselves that courted the media relentlessly, making Madeleine the most recognized missing child in the world and, themselves a target of a good deal of criticism and skepticism. They claimed their campaign was to find Madeleine but a fair number of people think it was a smokescreen to cover their own criminal acts.

When Madeleine turned up missing at the end of the evening's revelries, the world was not only shocked that the little girl disappeared but that her parents were neglectful in their duties to provide a safe situation for her. Not only that, but rumors began to fly that the McCann children may have been sedated by their own parents so as to not be problematic again when left unattended and with that additional bit of disturbing information, the McCanns became victims and villains at the same time. Over the course of the next few months, the police came to believe that the only victim in this drama was Madeleine who they surmised died accidentally while left alone and that the McCanns hid little Madeleine's body somewhere in Praia da Luz, staged an abduction, and with the help of their friends covered-up the crime. Four years later, the case remains unsolved and the McCanns remain under suspicion.

Which is why Kate McCann wrote her book, Madeleine. Not, in my opinion, to re-energize the search for her daughter as she claims, but to convince people of her innocence and raise revenue. Considering the fact the book sold 50,000 copies of the very first day and was serialized for half a million dollars and the Amazon reviews are mostly glowing and supportive, I would say Kate has achieved her goals in quite a smashing way.

But, there are still hidden nuggets of gold to be mined from within Kate's version of what happened in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007. The one dangerous thing about telling yet another rendition of events is that there is often truth among the lies or lies among the truth; this is why police investigators always want persons-of-interest to keep talking and defense attorneys keep telling their clients to shut the hell up.

The added information in Kate's book has enabled me to complete a Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann (only buy the UPDATED version available in the next 24 hours). I had been reluctant to offer one for a long time because, in spite of the many police reports and statements and television appearances of Kate and Gerry McCann, I wanted to hear the story from one of their mouths, to know their answers to some very pertinent questions. Kate finally did me the favor when she wrote, Madeleine, and although most of the book is a defense of her behaviors and actions, it is through this defense that Kate has given me a much stronger insight into what likely happened the night Madeleine went missing and why certain things happened or did not happen. Even with time to meticulously choose what one wants to say, it is amazing that what actually ends up coming out is something that perhaps would be better left unsaid. However, personal agendas, narcissism, and a lack of objectivity can cloud the judgment and the end results might not be exactly what the person intended. And I thank Kate for that.

Let me tell you two of the biggest revelations in the book: Kate admits no one came through the window of the children's bedroom. Yes, after years of insisting that someone broke into the apartment by tampering with the shutters and forcing the window open, Kate now backs down from that claim, agreeing with the Policia Judiciara that an abductor did not climbed into or out of the room. This is sort of a Bombshell Tonight. What this means is that Kate does not claim the police botched the evidence and while she still claims there was an abductor that opened the window for reasons that make no sense, her admission changes how I view what actually happened that night.

Another fascinating bit in the book is Kate's incredibly generous forgiveness of Jane Tanner for not telling her immediately that she saw a man carrying Madeleine off from the apartment; she is instead thankful that "someone had seen something." In other words, Kate is happy an abduction was seen going down, not that she was notified of it in time to do anything about it. This startling revelation tells me a lot about the mindset of the McCanns and adds greatly to the profile in determining what happened to Madeleine.

I hope Kate McCann does achieve her goal of re-energizing the investigation of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and that the truth of the matter will indeed finally come to light.

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2011/06/madeleine-wherein-lies-truth.html?spref=tw

maebee wrote: »
    Madeleine: Wherein lies the Truth by Pat Brown, Criminal Profiler

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 2011

The added information in Kate's book has enabled me to complete a Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann (only buy the UPDATED version available in the next 24 hours). I had been reluctant to offer one for a long
    Let me tell you two of the biggest revelations in the book: Kate admits no one came through the window of the children's bedroom. Yes, after years of insisting that someone broke into the apartment by tampering with the shutters and forcing the window open, Kate now backs down from that claim, agreeing with the Policia Judiciara that an abductor did not climbed into or out of the room. This is sort of a Bombshell Tonight. What this means is that Kate does not claim the police botched the evidence and while she still claims there was an abductor that opened the window for reasons that make no sense, her admission changes how I view what actually happened that night.

Another fascinating bit in the book is Kate's incredibly generous forgiveness of Jane Tanner for not telling her immediately that she saw a man carrying Madeleine off from the apartment; she is instead thankful that "someone had seen something." In other words, Kate is happy an abduction was seen going down, not that she was notified of it in time to do anything about it. This startling revelation tells me a lot about the mindset of the McCanns and adds greatly to the profile in determining what happened to Madeleine.

I hope Kate McCann does achieve her goal of re-energizing the investigation of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and that the truth of the matter will indeed finally come to light.

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2011/06/madeleine-wherein-lies-truth.html?spref=tw
    Thanks for that link , very interesting .But reading the bit about Kate saying the window was not tampered with and yet after the book was published and that said by Kate , Gerry still said on the LLS that the window could be opened from outside .?? Do they forget what they say sometimes , ? Do they bend the truth ? Do they even know anymore what is the absolute truth at all ?

I just read a comment at the end of the above blog and am gobsmacked reading about the theory that 7 kids were in the apartment and the abductor was a cover for no neglect taking place .I have never read that in the files and some things would make complete sense it it was so .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 VodkaShot

Yes the McCanns left their children unattended, and I agree what a stupid thing to do, but haven't they paid the ultimate price for their selfish choice to go for dinner and drinks and not stay in minding their children.

I'm sure they will regret that decision for the rest of their lives, and it will be ver hard to live with that guilt, guilty of negligently leaving their children on their own, but it can't be proven that they were guilty of anything else, if so why haven't they been charged?

I don't believe they killed their child or hid their child or any of the conspiracy theories here at all, and why keep it in the medias attention for so long if they did do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

As a mother, my instinct would be to check on my children to make sure they were ok, kate Mccann did not even pick up her twins to check their wellbeing, if one of her kids was missing , why was she so concerned about not wanting to wake her kids? Her own hysteria would have woken them surely and her opening and closing doors etc!! Fess up Kate!:mad:

VodkaShot wrote: »
    Yes the McCanns left their children unattended, and I agree what a stupid thing to do, but haven't they paid the ultimate price for their selfish choice to go for dinner and drinks and not stay in minding their children.

I'm sure they will regret that decision for the rest of their lives, and it will be ver hard to live with that guilt, guilty of negligently leaving their children on their own, but it can't be proven that they were guilty of anything else, if so why haven't they been charged?

I don't believe they killed their child or hid their child or any of the conspiracy theories here at all, and why keep it in the medias attention for so long if they did do it.
    Madeleine paid the ultimate price .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Under review.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, this thread has been in CT territory quite a while with allegations this way and that and some heavy speculation, wild guesses and finger pointing.
    As it's gone too far for even CT now I'll reopen it for now but it may get locked again, if so then CT will be the place to start a fresh thread on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

biko wrote: »
    Ok, this thread has been in CT territory quite a while with allegations this way and that and some heavy speculation, wild guesses and finger pointing.
    As it's gone too far for even CT now I'll reopen it for now but it may get locked again, if so then CT will be the place to start a fresh thread on this.
    if i have put anything offensive in there, please feel free to delete, as i think the people we are discussing are going through enough hell, and i do apologise if i did offend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

if i have put anything offensive in there, please feel free to delete, as i think the people we are discussing are going through enough hell, and i do apologise if i did offend

This thread has veered off into conspiracy theory territory now, I think is what he is saying.

Some of the accusations being made against the McCanns are just wild speculation, seeing as they are still innocent people in the eyes of the law.

Many posters defending the McCanns, myself included, have just stopped contributing altogether. Speaking personally, I was getting pretty uncomfortable with some of the accusations being made against them and the language used to describe them.

If they are, in fact, innocent of murder, fraud and collusion, they will have had to endure an extra dimension of hell most of us will hopefully never have to experience. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions as to their guilt, going by some of the flimsy evidence displayed on this thread.

Anyway, will be interesting to see where the thread goes from here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement