Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

TheZohan wrote: »
    Irish word for bed!
    Thank-You I wouldn't have slept tonight..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Wow, where to start with such an offensive post..?

Firstly, please do not talk to me as if I am stupid. I am not and it is highly insulting.

Secondly, yes, I do have children (though what that has to do with the law as it stands in relation to proof of guilt or innocence, I don't know) and they are brought up very well, with very good values. They also know right from wrong just as I do and seem to be doing pretty well so far, thanks for the concern.

I was referring to guilt and innocence IN THE EYES OF THE LAW. The McCanns have never been tried for a crime, therefore, they are innocent in the eyes of the law. In fact, they have never even been charged for any crime. Read my post back and you will see that is what I was talking about.

I have no more idea as to whether they are guilty or innocent of the crime than you, the PJ or the man in the moon have. My point was that they have never been proven guilty, therefore any theory on either side is pure conjecture. Nobody can state for sure whether they are guilty or innocent, without there being any conclusive proof either way.

I have never stated for a fact that they are innocent of the crime - I have always said I am much more inclined to believe they are innocent rather than guilty, based on my understanding of the case. It is a personal opinion, not a statement of fact.

Now, respectfully, I am going to leave it there, because I really don't wish to engage in personal insults and I'd kindly ask you not to make assumptions about my parenting skills in the future.

Sound. Apologies for any offence caused. I must have taken you up wrong. I felt you came across in the " well if they're guilty why haven't they been arrested" camp.

Again apologies. I read back over my post and you're right, it was offensive, so, sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So let me get this right! The case can & will be reopened all it need's is a Letter from the Mcs?!
    maebee wrote: »
    Yes Misty, which they have never done. Or it can be re-opened by the PJ should new evidence come to light. You would imagine that the McCanns would be begging the PJ for a re-opening but they never have. Very strange.
    Wow , thats interesting ,I presumed it was the PJ only who could ask to re open it ,. I would have thought re opening it would be a huge step forward in the campaign to find what happened to Madaleine .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I suspect you're right Iamwhoiam, despite Goncalo Amaral in the above article claiming that all it would take is a letter and a stamp, I doubt it would be that easy to get a costly and long investigation reopened.

Just like a lot of you guys just can't reconcile yourselves with trusting Kate McC or the McCann's side, I just can't give any credibility whatsoever to Amaral. Every utterance reeks of opportunistic hypocrisy to me. To think the same fellow has been charged and demoted from responsibility on a serious case previously, and has the cheek to put on his one man show freelance...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I suspect you're right Iamwhoiam, despite Goncalo Amaral in the above article claiming that all it would take is a letter and a stamp, I doubt it would be that easy to get a costly and long investigation reopened.

Just like a lot of you guys just can't reconcile yourselves with trusting Kate McC or the McCann's side, I just can't give any credibility whatsoever to Amaral. Every utterance reeks of opportunistic hypocrisy to me. To think the same fellow has been charged and demoted from responsibility on a serious case previously, and has the cheek to put on his one man show freelance...

This +100.

I too am slow to take the word of a man put of the case for drinking on the job, incompetency and who is known to have covered up the beating of a confession out of a woman (because however justified it might be, other such beatings if they occured may not have been.)

Amaral has his own interests at heart imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow , thats interesting ,I presumed it was the PJ only who could ask to re open it ,. I would have thought re opening it would be a huge step forward in the campaign to find what happened to Madaleine .

Nonsense, nonsense, lies and nonsense.
    http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=994-14
    Sorry maebee i havnt had time to respond to your reply (sunday)to my long post, albeit that its a very brief reply, only took you two minute,as you say yourself, and its very vague.hopefully ill get a chance later. second hand book sale at the school today, have to get down and stake my place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Yeah it's kind of hard to believe people who were/are major suspects in the disappearance of their own daughter. I'm not one bit surprised Team McCann don't trust Amaral, sure how could Kate & Jerry and all their fanclub like him and the Portuguese Police Department considering they're the prime suspects.
    The McCanns with their expensive Spin Doctors and lawyers know how to use the media, the PJ accuse them of playing a part in Maddies disappearance and what do they do? Use the British media to discredit an entire police force. Their book is nothing more than a poor attempt at revisionism when it comes to what happened over there, it's something that they hope the twins will read when they're old enough and make a few quid in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭DexyDrain

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=994-14
    Sorry maebee i havnt had time to respond to your reply (sunday)to my long post, albeit that its a very brief reply, only took you two minute,as you say yourself, and its very vague.hopefully ill get a chance later. second hand book sale at the school today, have to get down and stake my place!

Actually if you read the dispatch report to archive the case it states very clearly that the investigation could not proceed any further because the witnesses (the Tapas group) refused, despite all accommodation, reassurances and resources being offered, to take part in a reconstruction of their movements as per their statements.

That was also part of the judgement given to lift the ban on Amaral's book, the McCann's effectively killed off the investigation because of this lack of co-operation.

So Amaral is right, all they need to do is write a letter stating they will now take part in a reconstruction of the events and timeline given in their statements.

It is very interesting that Gerry wants to avoid 'duplication' and 'waste of resources' if the case were ever re-opened. What does he care? Why would he not want everything double and treble checked again? They obviously want to avoid the statements and diligences that very strongly suggest a dead body was in the apartment from being part of a reopened investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Chicke

Another thing I find deeply sad is the fact that they got the creme de la creme of lawyers to protect them and their reputation whereas from what i read they employed cowboys fraudsters and even more significantly incompetent inexperienced private investigators tho help find their daughter

!
    I am not really sure who that is aimed at ? I have read the link and it makes interesting reading ,It looks to me like a re construction might well be fresh evidence as enough reason to re open .So hoepfully thet can do that sooner rather than later .
    Though my gut feeling is it is too late I really hope it leads to answers for Madeleine ,

• Advertisement

I take both parties with a pinch of salt , both for me have bent the truth .Which is a huge shame because the looser of that was Madeleine as it slowed everything down and wasted time . I often wonder if the crime scence had been shut off within minutes and a CSI type team arrived if things would have been solved years ago ( I say CSI loosely , I watch too much CSI and Criminal Minds and they solve everything ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

TheZohan wrote: »
    Yeah it's kind of hard to believe people who were/are major suspects in the disappearance of their own daughter. I'm not one bit surprised Team McCann don't trust Amaral, sure how could Kate & Jerry and all their fanclub like him and the Portuguese Police Department considering they're the prime suspects.
    The McCanns with their expensive Spin Doctors and lawyers know how to use the media, the PJ accuse them of playing a part in Maddies disappearance and what do they do? Use the British media to discredit an entire police force. Their book is nothing more than a poor attempt at revisionism when it comes to what happened over there, it's something that they hope the twins will read when they're old enough and make a few quid in the process.

Two entire police forces, Zohan. You are forgetting that the Leicestershire Police force came to the same conclusions as the PJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

Two entire police forces, Zohan. You are forgetting that the Leicestershire Police force came to the same conclusions as the PJ.
    :eek: Did they?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭DexyDrain

:eek: Did they?:eek:

Wikileaks release of diplomatic communications:

"Without delving into the details of the case, Ellis admitted that the British police had developed the current evidence against the McCann parents, and he stressed that authorities from both countries were working co-operatively."

http://blogs.news.sky.com/skyinvestigates/Post:72fb79bf-6fc4-4c40-ade5-86867fdbb5d1

Anyone familiar with the PJ files didn't need Wikileaks to reveal that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

This +100.

I too am slow to take the word of a man put of the case for drinking on the job, incompetency and who is known to have covered up the beating of a confession out of a woman (because however justified it might be, other such beatings if they occured may not have been.)

Amaral has his own interests at heart imo.

Oh the irony. I suppose we could say the same about the parents of Madeleine on the night she was 'abducted'.

I ask the question again......:)
    Why did they spend a fortune on expensive celebrated and very very successful lawyers for themselves and crap investigators to accomplish their goal,which supposedly is to bring their daughter home
    Maybethey didn't want good people on the job ,maybe they wanted people who could be bought or were inexperienced or ineffective as they didn't want good people asking too many questions or getting too close to a nasty truth
    I'm just saying what if now mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

goat2 wrote: »
    i feel the same about amaral, would not beleive a single thing written or said by that man, once a liar always a liar,

Any source on that there chief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I am not really sure who that is aimed at ? I have read the link and it makes interesting reading ,It looks to me like a re construction might well be fresh evidence as enough reason to re open .So hoepfully thet can do that sooner rather than later .
    Though my gut feeling is it is too late I really hope it leads to answers for Madeleine ,
    Where does it say in this article that offering to do a reconstruction would be considered "new evidence"?Nowhere! More nonsense lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

Hi Mountain,

I'm heading to my leaba now but will post on the McCanns's private (inept and dodgy) investigators tomorrow.

Beginning with Metodo 3, who stated ''Our focus is companies''. In fact, the primary line of work for Método 3 is to investigate company fraud - which explains why their senior employees are all lawyers.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id76.html

They also claimed that they knew who took Madeleine and that they (metedo) would have her home by Christmas (2007):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-501671/McCanns-private-detectives-We-know-took-Madeleine--shell-home-Christmas.html

Then came Kevin Halligen:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id76.html

Followed by Dave Edgar:

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/Dave%20Edgar,%20the%20Cheshire%20Detective.html

Maebee I think if they re-opened it would curtail their private investigators rights to operate, and therefore bring them back to square one, as far as they are concerned, where the PJ were doing a bad job, and not enough. They would be relinquishing the opportunity to be able to have their own team looking into things, and have to trust a police force that in their view has failed them so far.
    And also, if they still are convinced (as I am) that the PJ are corrupt, then it wouldn't help one bit to be back in their crutches (or clutches ? I'm here 15 years and still can't remember that one right :o:o:o). In their grip :P

Hi Mountain, The McCanns's teams have had four years of investigating and I think you'd have to agree that they have been pretty abysmal. You have your own reasons for believing that the PJ are corrupt but the British police who were involved, agreed with the PJ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hi Mountain, The McCanns's teams have had four years of investigating and I think you'd have to agree that they have been pretty abysmal. You have your own reasons for believing that the PJ are corrupt but the British police who were involved, agreed with the PJ.

Maybe it's a PJ conspiracy against him!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Where does it say in this article that offering to do a reconstruction would be considered "new evidence"?Nowhere! More nonsense lol!
    Can you qualify who you are actually aiming your " more nonsense lol " at please .I asked you this before and would like an answer , if its me please address it so and at least i will know Thats two posts today where your reply to me has the words nonsense in it . And in fact its beginning to be offensive and a little repetitive .I have never answered your posts by maintaining what you write is nonsense .

Because you are beginning to nit pick at my posts now and answer only what suits you when I reply . I replied in depth to you a few days ago about the view from the Tapas bar , but you chose to only pick holes in another point and not comment on the rest .
    Thats fine by me , I have no desire to argue or find fault or have a row on line . All of us can discuss this as adults and listen if we wish to .So I simply need to know when you write something who its aimed at and why . Your posts are not always clear and difficult to figure out exactly who you are talking to or indeed what you are saying .

We're back on around the same time :)
    You see that's the thing though, their later team seems to have been more competent, and as far as I know, their findings have not been released anywhere for us to check. So they could have good information, and what they consider to be progress, but we wouldn't know about it. Of course anything they might have sussed out of value to the investigation would not be communicated.

As to hiring incompetent detectives, we've all hired incompetent professionals at one stage or another, it doesn't mean we had a motive, we simply didn't know/didn't go about finding a professional the right way/were naive and thought they would do a good job.

I often wonder if the crime scence had been shut off within minutes and a CSI type team arrived if things would have been solved years ago QUOTE]

Yes I think so too. There must have been something, even minute, to give a clue as to what happened, confirm or deny whether it was the family or some stranger.

I often wonder if the crime scence had been shut off within minutes and a CSI type team arrived if things would have been solved years ago QUOTE]

Yes I think so too. There must have been something, even minute, to give a clue as to what happened, confirm or deny whether it was the family or some stranger.

Such a shame it didnt happen , I know its all TV etc but the scene must have had some clues and surely it could lead to at least a clue to where the little girl could be . In all this we tend to forget a little small helpless little girl and it sadens me to think about her . :(

The point I'm trying to make though is how come the lawyers they picked for themselves are the best in the business whereas the experts they chose to bring their girl home are eejits or worse
    It's not as if they hadn't the resources to spend on finding and paying for the best
    Again I'm open to factual correction.maybe they did hire some gooduns?

Chicke wrote: »
    The point I'm trying to make though is how come the lawyers they picked for themselves are the best in the business whereas the experts they chose to bring their girl home are eejits or worse
    It's not as if they hadn't the resources to spend on finding and paying for the best

As an observer, it is incredible that they would spend more on looking after themselves... and the obvious assumption is they knew Madeleine was not going to be found so they made sure to cover their own backsides.

Chicke wrote: »

They hired Michael Caplan QC, top lawyer who represented General Pinochet in his fight against extradition to Spain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-480963/McCanns-heavyweight-lawyers-clear-name.html

That is what people who paid into the "Find Madeleine" fund were paying for. An Extradition Lawyer.

They hired Michael Caplan QC, top lawyer who represented General Pinochet in his fight against extradition to Spain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-480963/McCanns-heavyweight-lawyers-clear-name.html

That is what people who paid into the "Find Madeleine" fund were paying for. An Extradition Lawyer.

Why didn't they just do the lie detector tests and get the world's media off their backs and use the fund money to search for their 'abducted' child.... pathetic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

doing a reconstruction and answering questions and co operating would have cost them nothing .I wonder why they didnt take that option .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement