Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1661684,00.html#ixzz1LrER1g5T

I remember hearing about the sleeping pills being given to keep the kids asleep and a while back. Gerry McCanns' profession made him comfortable doing this.

Also, why leave apartment unlocked?? May aswell leave door swinging open. Never mind the fact that someone could enter, but couldn't a child also leave?
    The parents are either selfish idiots or monsters.

Our kids are with my wife and I ALL DAY when we on hols. We only leave them alone in their rooms at night. Simple really.

Hmmm..so, hypothetically, if Gerry or Kate had given the kids sleeping pills/sedatives and something went awry then they would lose their licences to practice and possibly be charged with criminally negligent manslaughter or similar. That would mean they lose the twins, spend time incarcerated, no longer have livelihoods and would become hate figures all over Europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

They're happy enough throwing blame around, why not appologies?

Again apologise to who? The only people have suffered and are suffering in all this are the McCanns and little Madeleine.
    maebee wrote: »
    There is NO proof that Madeleine was abducted. Her parents keep telling you that but the police tell you that she died in the apartment. Please read the files.

And of course the Police are never wrong are they :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Very wrong in this case...they never brought charges against the McCanns.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Vicxas wrote: »
    Im sorry but they're the ones who killed the poor child. And the way people sympathise with them makes me sick.

And you have proof? It's actually the baying internet Mob which includes the likes of yourself that make me sick!
    They did not kill their child the sick people who abducted her are the one's guilty of the murder, the McCann's are living in hell everyday with the guilt of not babysitting the children on the night in question. If they had someway killed her do you think they would be doing their best to keep her in the public eye so many years on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Again apologise to who? The only people have suffered and are suffering in all this are the McCanns and little Madeleine.

Well Robert Murat has reported death threats sent to him up to last year.

Kate McCann was not slow in saying it was him, and she was not slow in saying so to the police right from the start. She continued with this for a number of weeks, and when some of her journal was made public it was revealed that she had said to to a lot of people. She went after that man and his name with a vengence almost from day one.

Her friend Jane Tanner said she was sure she saw Murat carrying a child.

Then when three of the McCann's friends were brought into the police station after their "evidence" on Murat contradicted their earlier statements, they suddenly backed down as Murat got himself a lawyer, and he has since taken action against them for what was said, seeing as the police found the "evidence" against Murat to be flimsy at best and false at worst.

Then the aforementioned Jane Tanner, weeks and weeks later, suddenly remembered that the man she saw, which she claimed was Murat, was not actually Murat but a totally different looking man with different cloloured skin, different build, different height and a moustache, and she was able to clearly remember what colour clothes this new person was wearing.

So if anyone deserves a sorry from Kate McCann and her friends, it is the man whose life was in tatters after being accussed of taking the girl and who has received a number of reported threats to his life.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

And you have proof? It's actually the baying internet Mob which includes the likes of yourself that make me sick!

They did not kill their child the sick people who abducted her are the one's guilty of the murder, the McCann's are living in hell everyday with the guilt of not babysitting the children on the night in question. If they had someway killed her do you think they would be doing their best to keep her in the public eye so many years on?

lol, if you're going to ask some for proof to back up their statement, don't then go on to make a statement of which there is also no proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

i'd sooner believe a police force with highly trained sniffer dogs than two Negligent parents speculating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

sxt wrote: »
    Here is video footage of the cadaver dog getting the scent of a cadaver in The mcanns appartment number 5A, their car, and clothes. The first dog was a cadvaer dog and scents for a cadaver and nothing else and the last dog was a bloodhound which scents the presence of blood and nothing else. The cadaver dog searched all the nearby appartments, cars and all of the friends of the mcanns appartments,their cars,the Murat households who were intial suspects etc.

The carpark was filled with dozens of cars, there was dozens of items of clothing in the room . The Cadaver dog detected the scent in the mcanns appartment, their clothing, and in their car and no where else .These Dogs are trained to do one thing, they do not lie.

Who is the guy in the video? If he's just some paid amateur then it doesn't inspire confidence. "The Sun" is not exactly a reliable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

Of course the police can get it wrong, as in the cases of the Birmingham 6 & the Guilford 4 but in this case it wasn't only the Portuguese police who suspected the McCanns. The British police did also.

http://blogs.news.sky.com/skyinvestigates/Post:72fb79bf-6fc4-4c40-ade5-86867fdbb5d1

There are two sides to the story but the McCanns don't want you to hear the other side.

professore wrote: »
    Who is the guy in the video? If he's just some paid amateur then it doesn't inspire confidence. "The Sun" is not exactly a reliable source.

He is Martin Grime, dog handler & ex-Police Officer.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic35.html

• Advertisement

Of course the police can get it wrong, as in the cases of the Birmingham 6 & the Guilford 4 but in this case it wasn't only the Portuguese police who suspected the McCanns. The British police did also.

It is standard practice in any murder case to first suspect the immediate relatives. I am not saying whether they are guilty or innocent - I have yet to find anything on this thread that convinces me either way (although I haven't read all of it). Even the cadaver dog thing, maybe somebody died in the apartment previously? Who was that guy from "The Sun" video? Maybe he was a cop but looked more like a staged performance from the Sun to me.

What I will say, as someone who lost a child to cancer last year, if Madeline was abducted, they have suffered a punishment far worse than any prison sentence for what in reality was a reasonable assumption that the kids would be OK for an hour or so on their own in a locked apartment and being checked in on every 10 - 15 minutes or so. (Ok I see they left the apartment unlocked - that was very negligent). I have done this myself at a wedding (let me stress in a LOCKED room) and I am sure many other people have too. Unless you handcuff a child to you 24-7 you will leave your child unattended at times even in your own house.

It makes me uncomfortable though how they seem to be making money out of their story. They need to live, and carry on the search fair enough, but they should be transparent about how much money they use and publish accounts etc. Maybe that explains the limited company - charities don't have to publish accounts.

After reading this, just as I thought : the sniffer dogs were only brought in too late after the fact to detect anything. Another case of a newspaper publishing lies to sell copies : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann#Disappearance

If on the other hand they did kill Madeline, accidentally or otherwise then they should rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

He is Martin Grime, dog handler & ex-Police Officer.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic35.html

This is still not proof. There could be any number of reasons a cadaver smell would be in an apartment or car. Also he could have been paid a pile of cash by the Sun. Also as I understand it, the snffer dogs were brought in too late to detect anything. I'm not saying he's not genuine, just that it's not enough proof. I would not convict someone on that evidence. If it was a police dog that would be a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Kess73 wrote: »

Then the aforementioned Jane Tanner, weeks and weeks later, suddenly remembered that the man she saw, which she claimed was Murat, was not actually Murat but a totally different looking man with different cloloured skin, different build, different height and a moustache, and she was able to clearly remember what colour clothes this new person was wearing..

That was the chick who gave evidence on the Panorama show. She constantly changed her story, contradicted the other 2 stories about Gerry McCann speaking to another guest (their 2 stories also contradicted each other) and came across as a hugely unreliable "witness"

There are so many irregularities about the McCanns story and their friends stories that it's hard to know where to begin dissecting them all; you would allow for some differences but to me the "evidence" of Tanner which the McCanns were taking as gospel has huge gaping holes in it.

I went from feeling sympathy for them when the story broke, to being appalled at the negligence in their actions, to believing they knew more than they were saying to eventually coming to the conclusion that they or one of their friends were responsible.

I'm no believer in conspiracy theories but I firmly believe they were involved or know exactly what happened to Madeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

This is the bit that illustrates just how fúcking daft it is blaming the McCanns
    Quote:

ON SEPT. 7, PORTUGUESE AUTHORITIES named the couple as suspects. Three days later, officials apparently leaked word that Madeleine's DNA had been found in the trunk of a car her parents rented 25 days after the girl went missing.

So lets get this straight... With the whole worlds media looking at them they managed to put Madelines body into the trunk of the car they hired NEARLY A MONTH AFTER SHE DISAPPEARED??????? The police couldnt find the body inside that time and yet Kate and Gerry were able to go and get it, put it in the car and then hide it again so well that it still hasn't ben found????? What dastardly supervillans they really are:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anyone who actually believes this is operating below the level of a cretin. I'd be surprised if you could feed yourself without a nosebag

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, some of her hair or some alleles were present on a toy/blanket/hairbrush/clothes that might have been put into the boot, because thats the most logical place to put them kind of things?

professore wrote: »
    This is still not proof. There could be any number of reasons a cadaver smell would be in an apartment or car. Also he could have been paid a pile of cash by the Sun. Also as I understand it, the snffer dogs were brought in too late to detect anything. I'm not saying he's not genuine, just that it's not enough proof. I would not convict someone on that evidence. If it was a police dog that would be a different matter.

It's not proof but it's a fairly strong indication and it's been proved that nobody else died in that apartment. Would you get on a plane that a bomb sniffer dog gave an indication? I know I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Also, why leave apartment unlocked?? May aswell leave door swinging open. Never mind the fact that someone could enter, but couldn't a child also leave?

The child could easily have wandered outside and was abducted then. There was very little evidence of anybody forcibly entering the apartment, then again, why would there be, if it was left unlocked?

She could very easily have been abducted but the McCann's had to answer difficult questions like, why were 3 children, 2 aged 1, left on their own and more shockingly, why was the apartment left unlocked on a couple of occasions?

With the discrepancies about the blinds it could be as simple as they told a lie about signs of a break in, to cover up their gross negligence of not alone leaving them alone, but also not locking the apartment.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Daroxtar wrote: »
    This is the bit that illustrates just how fúcking daft it is blaming the McCanns
    Quote:

ON SEPT. 7, PORTUGUESE AUTHORITIES named the couple as suspects. Three days later, officials apparently leaked word that Madeleine's DNA had been found in the trunk of a car her parents rented 25 days after the girl went missing.

So lets get this straight... With the whole worlds media looking at them they managed to put Madelines body into the trunk of the car they hired NEARLY A MONTH AFTER SHE DISAPPEARED??????? The police couldnt find the body inside that time and yet Kate and Gerry were able to go and get it, put it in the car and then hide it again so well that it still hasn't ben found????? What dastardly supervillans they really are:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anyone who actually believes this is operating below the level of a cretin. I'd be surprised if you could feed yourself without a nosebag

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, some of her hair or some alleles were present on a toy/blanket/hairbrush/clothes that might have been put into the boot, because thats the most logical place to put them kind of things?

The idea of hair, skin or whatever coming from a toy, hairbrush etc is a very plausible one for the rental car that the dogs reacted to.

But what was odd about that particular car, the one rented 25 days later, is that hair strands (and the part of the car the dogs reacted most strongly too) were found under the carpet of the boot of the car in the recess where the spare tyre went.

Now it is not impossible that hairs from a brush found a way to fall past the carpet, and then to fall past the spare wheel to end up where they were found, but it is a very strange place for them to end up, and a strange coincidence that the cadaver dog focussed on the exact same spot, given that the dog is trained not to reacted to anything other than the scent of a dead body.

You could be 100% right in that the find is nothing more than a coincidence caused by genuine reasons ie the hair falling from a brush and finding it's way there.

But it could also be caused by something with the scent of a cadaver on it being in that boot, like clothing worn by a dead body.

Both explanations are plausible, but if I remember right it was yet another thing the McCanns were unwilling to discuss in detail with the police yet they were more than happy to talk about it in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

There is NO proof that there was an abduction. The McCanns pushed this theory from day one.

There is also no proof that the McCanns murdered their own daughter is there?
    They refused to consider that Madeleine may have woken and wandered.

Hold the presses. Parents who's daughter has vanished refuse to think rationally shocker!
    If you read the official police files you will see that the McCanns have not been truthful. Have you read the statements of the Doctors Gaspar?

No I haven't. I'm sure the police have though and guess what, still no charges.
    I don't have the time to read all the official police files so I'm not going to pick one and read it out of context from the many hundreds of other statements and pieces of evidence gathered over the course of the investigation.

Edit: Quick question though. Why would you believe the Gaspers over any one else? You probably know less about them than you do about the McCanns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

There are a lot of things about this case which I find suspicious and very unsatisfactory; the phone records, the credit card records, the dogs' evidence (which going on their previous record in cases and their identifying the McCanns' car in a line-up of cars) seems pretty damning. But just a couple of things, I would like to point out.

1) From what I have read in this thread, it seems that Gerry McCann upon noticing that Madeleine was not in her bed, assumed that she had gone into her parents' bed (probably to get away from the twins, if they were crying or restless); a not unreasonable assumption. The idea however that any parent,who is not a callous monster, would not go to check to make sure this was the case, I find utterly incredible.

2) And I think this is very important. Everyone in this thread on both sides of the debate seems to accept that the parents were criminally negligent in leaving the apartment unlocked. Who's to say that the apartment was left unlocked? We have only the McCanns' word for it. It is an admission of guilt of negligence and so we accept it without question. However it is also the only way to sell the abduction story. It seems to me highly unlikely that any half-decent parent would leave the patio door open. As stated before, not for fear of abduction, but that the child might wander out into the road. The only reason I can think of is that the designated checker might not want to be juggling with five sets of keys, when the checks were done. Seems a bit implausible though.

Finally, just a theory, and could be wildly off the mark, as I don't know the layout of the apartment, but what if they sedated Madeleine (we know she wasn't sleeping well from the evidence of the tenant of two nights previously), put a teaspoon of whiskey into her bottle, It used to be done before with children teething or a teaspoon of Calpol, and then put her to bed. The parents then wait to make sure the kids are settled, and head off to dinner. However, Madeleine hears the latch going and gets out of bed and climbs up on the sofa to look out the window to see where her parents are gone. In her drugged state she falls and splits her head open off a radiator, falling out of sight, behind the couch.She then proceeds to bleed to death. Horrible, and sorry for being so graphic. The cursory throwing the head round the door inspections fail to notice anything and all seems quiet. When Madeleine is finally discovered two hours later, it becomes obvious that she has been dead quite some time and, being doctors, they know the cause of death, and that the PM will show that the child had been drugged.

They now face manslaughter charges and almost certain imprisonment. They will certainly lose their licenses to practice medicine. They will lose their home and their two other children. In the heat of the moment they panic, dispose of the body, and start the abduction story. And so the lie begins. A tragic accident born of neglect turned into something much more sinister, by a paniced split-second decision.
    Just a theory, but seems plausible.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

Btw, there is also no certainty, that the McCanns are working in unison. One may have been lying to the other all along. Also, I don't think anyone knows for certain what did or didn't happen that night, and I would like to make it clear that my theory,is simply that and nothing more. Simply a speculative theory.

mconigol wrote: »
    There is also no proof that the McCanns murdered their own daughter is there?

No, there is no proof, otherwise they would have been charged. I never said that they murdered their daughter. I just happen to believe the Final Report of Insp. Tavares de Almeida where he states that it is the PJ's conclusion that Madeleine died in the apartment and her body was concealed.

Hold the presses. Parents who's daughter has vanished refuse to think rationally shocker!

Not once in four years have they considered that she may have woken and wandered. They've stuck to one theory (abduction) only.

No I haven't. I'm sure the police have though and guess what, still no charges.
    I don't have the time to read all the official police files so I'm not going to pick one and read it out of context from the many hundreds of other statements and pieces of evidence gathered over the course of the investigation.

Edit: Quick question though. Why would you believe the Gaspers over any one else? You probably know less about them than you do about the McCanns.

I have no reason to doubt their statement. I cannot imagine why they would make up the following:
    Last Name: GASPAR
    Forenames: KATHERINA ZACHARIAS
    Date of Birth:
    Address:
    Postal Code:
    Profession:
    Telephone no.:
    Date of Testimony: 16/05/2007
    Number of Pages: 8

I give this declaration in relation to the McCANN family who are currently in Portugal. The McCANN family is composed of Gerry McCANN, his wife, Kate McCANN and their three children, Madeleine, age 4, and Sean and Amelie, who are twins and 3 years of age.

As is abundantly clear, Madeleine is not with her family presently, and has been missing for the last two weeks.

I will begin by explaining that I am married to Savio Gaspar and that we have two daughters. Ellen is almost 3 and Isabella is now one year old. I have been married to Savior for 11 years. I am a general practitioner as is my husband. I met my husband when we were (page 1) working together in Exeter, around 14 years ago.

In order to explain how we know the McCANN family, I would like to state that my husband knows Kate as both attended Dundee University between 1987 and 1992. At that time, she was Kate HEALY. I met Kate and Gerry at their wedding, in 1998, in Liverpool. Both Savio and I went to the wedding. As Savio was Kate’s friend, we were invited to the event.

From what I know, Savio did not know Gerry before the wedding. After this time, we became friends and about three times we spent weekend vacations together. I would say that we are intimate friends of Gerry and Kate.

I remember that in 2002 or 2003, Savio and I spent the weekend with Gerry and Kate in Devon. We maintained contact with one another via telephone.

In 2002/2003 Savio and I lived Birmingham and the McCANNS in Leciester.

In September of 2005, Savio, myself and Ellena, who at the time was 1 and a half years old, spent our holidays abroad, in Mallorca. We went (page 2) on holidays with Kate, Gerry, and Madeleine, who should have been around 21/2 years old, and the twins, who were only months old. I remember that I was pregnancy with Isabella.

On those holidays we also met Gerry and Kate’s friends.

There was a couple, whose names were Dave and Fiona, and whose family name was PAYNE, I think. I believe that they were married and had one daughter, 1 year old, called Lilly. I remember that on these holidays, Fiona was pregnant.

There was another couple, whose names were Tara and Stuart, and whose family name I cannot remember who were also on holiday with us. They had two boys, 1 and 3 years old, whose names I do not remember. I did not know these two families until the holidays together. As I recall, I think that David organised the holidays and we all stayed together in a big house in Mallorca.

We spend a week on holidays, however, the McCANN family, and the PAYNE family stayed for two weeks. I think that Tara and Stuart, and their two children, also stayed for only one week.

Two or three days passed in Mallorca where we relaxed (Page 3) with our children. Possibly around the fourth or fifth day abroad, I remember an incident that stayed with me. I tell this in this way, and afterwards I have thought many times about the incident that I am about to describe.

One night, on holidays, the adults—the couple aforementioned—were on a patio on the side of the house were we lodged. We had been eating and drinking.

I was seated between David and Gerry who were both speaking about Madeleine. I don’t remember the conversation in its entirety, but id did appear they were discussing a possible scenario. I remember David telling Gerry something like “she” (referring to Madeleine) “would she do this”.

Upon mentioning “this”, David was sucking on one of his fingers, pushing it inside and outside his mouth, and with the other hand encircled his breast in a gyrating fashion over his shirt. This was done in a provocative manner and carried an explicit insinuation in relation to what he was doing.

I remember that I was shocked at this, and looked at Gerry, and also at Dave, to gauge their reactions. I looked around (page 4) as is saying “did someone else hear that, or was it just me”. Silence registered in all the conversations and after, we all began conversing again.

I never spoke to anyone about this, but always felt that it was very strange and not something that should be discussed or said.

Besides this, I remember that David once again did the same thing. When I refer to this, I want to clarify that it was during a conversation in which he was talking about an imaginary situation. I do not know of what. I believe that he was talking about his own daughter, Lily, although I cannot be certain. He put one of his fingers in his mouth and slide it in and out, and with the other hand, drew a circle around his breast in a sexually provocative way. I believe that he was referring to what Lily would do.

I believe that he did this later, during the holidays, but I cannot be sure. The last time, besides this, when I was with David and Fiona was several weeks after the holidays, when Savio and I were at a restaurant with Gerry, Kate, Dave and Fiona.

I am certain that he said or that he repeated the same gestures aforementioned, but it could have occurred in a restaurant in Leicester, however (page five) I believe that it was later in Mallorca. When I heard Dave asking is “she did this” a second time, I took it more seriously.

I remember questioning whether looked at my children or the others in a different way. I imagined that he maybe visited Internet sites related to small children. I thought that he may be interested in child pornography on the Internet.

During our holidays I was more attentive at bath time after hearing Dave saying this.
    During our vacation in Mallorca, it was the fathers who bathed the children. I had the tendency to walk close to the bathroom, if David was bathing his children. I remember telling Savio to be careful when he was there, in case Dave was helping bathe the children and, in particular, my daughter Ellena. I was very clear about this, as having heard him disturbed me, and did not trust him bathing Ellena alone.

When I heard Dave say that a second time, this reinforced what I already though in relation to his thoughts about little girls. During our stay in Mallorca, Dave and his wife, Fiona, accompanied by this daughter Lilly, took Madeleine (page 6) with them to sped the day together, and to give Kate and Gerry a bit of rest with the twins. At stating this, it is not that I was reoccupied with Madeleine’s safety, as she was also with Fiona and Lilly, along with Dave.

As already referred to, I was only with Dave and Fiona on one occasion, after Mallorca. And I have not spoken to them since this time. In these last years, we have seen eachother, along with the McCANNS, on occasion. These occasions coincide with the children’s birthdays—a time when we get together.

The first time I hear the terrible news regarding the disappearance of Madeleine from the radio, my thoughts went immediately to Dave. I asked Savio if Dave was also on holidays with the McCANNs in Portugal but he did not know.

I watched TV to catch the overage of the notices and found that Dave was there. I saw him on television in the first days after the disappearance. At that, I believed that he was on holidays with the McCANNs in Portugal. Today, Thursday, the 16th of May, 2007, at 15H40, I gave DC Brewer a page containing 2 photographic images. I am going to reference these images as (ref KZG/1) (probably element) that may (page seven) be presented with my approval, if necessary. These photographs were taken during out holidays in Mallorca. In the photographs, Dave is wearing a white t-shirt and the woman in the photograph is his wife Fiona. The man that is holding the cup of wine in the photograph is Stuart. These photographs were taken whilst we were in Mallorca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

There are a lot of things about this case which I find suspicious and very unsatisfactory; the phone records, the credit card records, the dogs' evidence (which going on their previous record in cases and their identifying the McCanns' car in a line-up of cars) seems pretty damning. But just a couple of things, I would like to point out.

1) From what I have read in this thread, it seems that Gerry McCann upon noticing that Madeleine was not in her bed, assumed that she had gone into her parents' bed (probably to get away from the twins, if they were crying or restless); a not unreasonable assumption. The idea however that any parent,who is not a callous monster, would not go to check to make sure this was the case, I find utterly incredible.

2) And I think this is very important. Everyone in this thread on both sides of the debate seems to accept that the parents were criminally negligent in leaving the apartment unlocked. Who's to say that the apartment was left unlocked? We have only the McCanns' word for it. It is an admission of guilt of negligence and so we accept it without question. However it is also the only way to sell the abduction story. It seems to me highly unlikely that any half-decent parent would leave the patio door open. As stated before, not for fear of abduction, but that the child might wander out into the road. The only reason I can think of is that the designated checker might not want to be juggling with five sets of keys, when the checks were done. Seems a bit implausible though.

Finally, just a theory, and could be wildly off the mark, as I don't know the layout of the apartment, but what if they sedated Madeleine (we know she wasn't sleeping well from the evidence of the tenant of two nights previously), put a teaspoon of whiskey into her bottle, It used to be done before with children teething or a teaspoon of Calpol, and then put her to bed. The parents then wait to make sure the kids are settled, and head off to dinner. However, Madeleine hears the latch going and gets out of bed and climbs up on the sofa to look out the window to see where her parents are gone. In her drugged state she falls and splits her head open off a radiator, falling out of sight, behind the couch.She then proceeds to bleed to death. Horrible, and sorry for being so graphic. The cursory throwing the head round the door inspections fail to notice anything and all seems quiet. When Madeleine is finally discovered two hours later, it becomes obvious that she has been dead quite some time and, being doctors, they know the cause of death, and that the PM will show that the child had been drugged.

They now face manslaughter charges and almost certain imprisonment. They will certainly lose their licenses to practice medicine. They will lose their home and their two other children. In the heat of the moment they panic, dispose of the body, and start the abduction story. And so the lie begins. A tragic accident born of neglect turned into something much more sinister, by a paniced split-second decision.
    Just a theory, but seems plausible.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

just one problem with that..

surely there wooda been evidence of a little girl bleeding to death in the apartment???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

PinkFly wrote: »
    just one problem with that..

surely there wooda been evidence of a little girl bleeding to death in the apartment???

Almost certainly, and I don't know how easy it would be to remove this evidence. She need not have bled to death though. The fact that she was drugged and had been dead for over two hours would have been plenty to secure a conviction for manslaughter. Again, not saying this is what did happen. Just a plausible,speculative theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Almost certainly, and I don't know how easy it would be to remove this evidence. She need not have bled to death though. The fact that she was drugged and had been dead for over two hours would have been plenty to secure a conviction for manslaughter. Again, not saying this is what did happen. Just a plausible,speculative theory.

yup indeed....
    i know that all people behave differently to news but if anything happened my son, there is no way i would behave so composed on the tv,
    just something stange about all the details discussed on this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

mconigol wrote: »
    the McCanns murdered their own daughter

I don't have the time to read all the official police files

Didn't have time to quote your post properly but that's some accusation to come out with....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Out of curiosity can Boards not get sued over some of the posts on here regarding the parents, Kate & Gerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I have no reason to doubt their statement. I cannot imagine why they would make up the following:

Maybe they didn't like them? Spite/Revenge? Maybe their Sadistic? You don't have any reason to believe their statement either. You know nothing about them or their personal relationship with the parties involved other that what they themselves wrote in their statement. Basically though the idea is she thought he was a pedophile but allowed him to bath her children right?

TheZohan wrote: »
    Didn't have time to quote your post properly but that's some accusation to come out with....:eek:

What?? You've lost me there! There's something wrong with not going to base an opinion on one statement? As I've said the police have already reviewed ALL the evidence...no charges so that's good enough for me.

Edit: nice way to quote my post out of context though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity can Boards not get sued over some of the posts on here regarding the parents, Kate & Gerry?

Yeah I'm surprised what get's allowed, look at Harney she was able to sue Newstalk fairly easily for Nell whats her face said about her for a less serious accusation then what the McCanns are being accused of on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Some posts are complete slander.
    Just surprised is all, other threads were closed for less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Some posts are complete slander.
    Just surprised is all, other threads were closed for less.

There does seem to be a prevailing air of guilty until proven innocent around here alright....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement