Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

ive been following this thread - most people who think there may be something fishy havent said 'they did it' they said they might have. Unless you were there that night you dont know for sure either way. you can only speculate - that goes both ways. the abduction story is speculation too because it hasnt been proved just like nothing else was.

i just get the feeling most posters here - on both sides of the fence - would just love to know what happened to the poor thing. she's a face that's stayed in people's minds. i dont think thats just because of the publicity 4 years later. its a story that touched peoples hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

PinkFly wrote: »
    just one problem with that..

surely there wooda been evidence of a little girl bleeding to death in the apartment???

The dogs also scented blood in the apartment and IIRC, one area was behind the couch.
    RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

People are speculating, though the threat of legal action is one way of stopping discussion al right.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Interesting front page in the Sun tomorrow!.. - Kate, tells of how the stress impeded the couple's sex-life.

Someone make a joke about how she won't be able to neglect more children that way.. I don't want to get sued

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Interesting front page in the Sun tomorrow!.. - Kate, tells of how the stress impeded the couple's sex-life.

Someone make a joke about how she won't be able to neglect more children that way.. I don't want to get sued

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

mconigol wrote: »
    Got a link?

Vincent Browne.. but I wouldn't click on him too much =p

• Advertisement

Vincent Browne.. but I wouldn't click on him too much =p

Post him dammit! I'll click on him and he'll like it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

I just don't like the fact they are making a mint off their dead daughter... yeah they will give it the, "I still cry everyday" bull, but I think they are well over it and just playing public sentiment for money...

Mousey- wrote: »
    I just don't like the fact they are making a mint off their dead daughter... yeah they will give it the, "I still cry everyday" bull, but I think they are well over it and just playing public sentiment for money...

Yeah sure it's just like loosing a goldfish really when you think about it. Like how long do they need to get over it ffs...:rolleyes:

/sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

just google "the sun" and you can read it.

deco nate wrote: »
    just google "the sun" and you can read it.

I could but I don't want that showing up on my google history for years to come. My gmail and googleads will be full of ****e for weeks :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

i dont agree with the way theyve gone about things either - the book etc.

but forgetting the rest of the story and the 'maybes' - you would never get over losing a child. even if that child dies of health problems when they are 40. they arent supposed to go before you in the natural order of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

How cynical and bitter the world has become.

I honestly hope you never go through the hell of losing a child.

How cynical and bitter the world has become.

I honestly hope you never go through the hell of losing a child.

Never mind a child, make that anyone. Even with being prepared for the death of a loved one, knowing exactly what happened and being there to say goodbye as they die it's always there in the back of your mind.

Can't imagine the horror of not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have read in a long time. Its so obvious that you dont have kids. How old are you? Do you know anything about relationships with other humans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

I really wish the proceeds of the money they make would go towards finding all missing children, not just Madeleine.

just had a read of the sun ****e,read the last few lines.
    mad,just mad:eek: nothin bout leavin the door unlocked:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I read a herald article about this book and the mother was quoted to say that in the last conversation she had with Madeline the child had said "why didn't you come home when Sean and I were crying last night". It made my heat bleed to think that that didn't affect her enough to at least hire a sitter for the kids.

Im half and half on this. On one hand i think why the hell did you leave those children alone in an apartment in a foreign country when you could so easily have gotten a sitter?, and on the other hand i think they must be dying inside over losing their child.

I wouldnt buy the book.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have read in a long time. Its so obvious that you dont have kids. How old are you? Do you know anything about relationships with other humans?

Oh the "wont somebody think of the children line".

I've a child too and it's a lazy and cliched response.

If they'd admitted to leaving the apartment unlocked and the children alone, they'd have got far less sympathy. The paedophile line is a very emotional one for parents. They said the child was kidnapped but it showed no signs of a forced entrance.

I think the most plausible answer is a paedophile was watching that apartment, spotted their recurrent negligence, it was on the ground floor. They didn't have to break in, the front door was open, they didn't have to plan an escape.

The McCann's knew they'd big questions to answer, why did Kate know she was gone? Because the front door was open to make it easy for everybody to check every half hour.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

So if you had your kid killed you'd be fine about it in 4 years? You'd have no problems making a few quid on the back of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

K-9 wrote: »

If they'd admitted to leaving the apartment unlocked and the children alone, they'd have got far less sympathy. The paedophile line is a very emotional one for parents. They said the child was kidnapped but it showed no signs of a forced entrance.

I think the most plausible answer is a paedophile was watching that apartment, spotted their recurrent negligence, it was on the ground floor. They didn't have to break in, the front door was open, they didn't have to plan an escape.

The McCann's knew they'd big questions to answer, why did Kate know she was gone? Because the front door was open to make it easy for everybody to check every half hour.

You see this is one of the things that is inconsitent in their whole story - *I've read that they left the side patio door open "in case of a fire" (I kid you not) yet they both said they used their keys to the front door when checking even though the side door was closer to where they were.
    The whole thing stinks.

* I'll try find that link

• Advertisement

So if you had your kid killed you'd be fine about it in 4 years? You'd have no problems making a few quid on the back of it?

You left out the rest of my post which provides context.

My scenario doesn't preclude the above at all, they'd want to raise as much as possible to find her to assuage the guilt.

Do pick holes in my hypothesis though.

I couldnt give a fúck about your hypothesis. I was trying to comprehend how someone could be so retarded in their understanding of parent-child relationships to suggest that they would get over it and be happy to make money out of the death of the child. You came along and decided to call my post lazy and cliched because you didn't even understand the context of a 2 line post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wow that's a perfect comparison, a murderer vs a couple who left their child unattended.

It wasn't a direct comparison. It was to illustrate that if we didn't lock people up because it wouldn't change the fact that the offense had occurred, then we wouldn't lock anybody up.

It's not bad enough that they lost their child but people want them punished for being careless.

You call leaving three children under 4 alone 5 nights in a row careless, I call it neglect.
    Anyone who said on this thread that they have never left their kid unattended is full of ****. A few years before Madeline went missing another kid was snatched as he was walking just a few yards in front of his parents so all it takes is a few seconds, but I'm sure posters will demand they are to blame and should be prosecuted.

This is lolbad, there are degrees of risk, surely you realise this.

I can drive my car at 50mph or 150mph, OMG, people crash at 50mph, let's just prosecute everyone.

this thread is gettin crazy,lets just agree to disagree.
    an why dont we all watch the late late show,
    and then,only then make more remarks/comments on
    the subject?if they give us any new info on it.

edit:id like to know,that all that posted here are gonna watch it.
    no matter what they belive,chat to ye on on friday.

I couldnt give a fúck about your hypothesis. I was trying to comprehend how someone could be so retarded in their understanding of parent-child relationships to suggest that they would get over it and be happy to make money out of the death of the child. You came along and decided to call my post lazy and cliched because you didn't even understand the context of a 2 line post.

Ah fine then, you selectively quoted my post.

Child abuse goes on, it isn't retarded suggesting it. IMO opinion leaving 3 toddlers home alone is child abuse and it played a part in the kidnap.

I'd prefer dealing in the facts of the case than appeals to emotion.

Parent-child relationships? Baby P and so many cases show it isn't sacrosanct as some believe. They seem such a lovely couple so I can understand the difficulty in countenancing it even for one second.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Just read the site the the OP posted and was kinda stunned, the bit about the dogs finding a scent is quite alarming.

Sadly they seem more interested in making money than finding the truth...

And even more sad is how easy Tuburty will be on them as they promote a book. Didnt they try to and still are blocking the publishcation of a book by one of the portugeuse detectives involved in the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Scram wrote: »
    And even more sad is how easy Tuburty will be on them as they promote a book. Didnt they try to and still are blocking the publishcation of a book by one of the portugeuse detectives involved in the case?

You can nearly be guaranteed, that he will allow them tell their lame story and he'll sit there with clenched hands up to his chin, nodding, with a concerned look on his face.

Even heard a excerpt from their book on Today FM news this morning. That is completely ridiculous.

Scram wrote: »

Sadly they seem more interested in making money than finding the truth...

They spent a proportion of the fund on hiring a private detective, as they weren't happy with the way the Portugese investigation was being directed. I assume this would mean they were indeed interested in finding the truth.

How hard do you want Tubridy to go on them? You honestly believe viewers want to see him giving them a grilling on whether or not they murdered their daughter and covered it up afterwards? They are promoting the book in order to keep the case in the public eye, as far as I'm concerned - but the more cynical amongst you may not believe that I'm sure.

That book by the detective in question was full of innuendo and flimsy circumstansial evidence. If it were any more concrete, the McCanns would have been arrested and charged. They were not, so this makes them innocent of any wrongdoing in the eyes of the law.
    I suspect the publication of such information would have been extremely hurtful for them and their families, so I guess that's why they weren't so keen to have it distributed.

You can nearly be guaranteed, that he will allow them tell their lame story and he'll sit there with clenched hands up to his chin, nodding, with a concerned look on his face.

Even heard a excerpt from their book on Today FM news this morning. That is completely ridiculous.

Perhaps he actually believes they are the grieving couple of a missing child and doesn't necessarily want to treat the interview like a police investigation.

Or perhaps he will sate the needs of the cynics and give them the third degree....who knows until the interview actually airs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement