Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

ISDW wrote: »
    I haven't seen any links that said they left the twins on their own after Madeleine was abducted, can you put them up please.

I think the poster is referring to the McCanns' globetrotting after the "abduction", when they left the twins with their relatives who had flown out to Portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

sham69 wrote: »
    So they put their children into a creche most days up to 5:30 , spent a couple of hours with them, got them ready for bed and then left them alone from 8:30?
    Is that correct?
    If it is, why did they bother to bring them at all.
    They should have left them with relatives and went on holiday on their own.

Oh right, so they left them with babysitters, and they're wrong. They don't leave them with babysitters and they're wrong.

Hmmm:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DerekWaters

Apparently Jane Tanner is a friend of the McCanns, so I think she'd know what Gerry looked like.

I'm not buying any crap, I wasn't there, I don't know what happened, I haven't seen all the evidence, read the police files, so I'm not buying anything. You and other posters on the other hand have the McCanns guilty and convicted, even though you also haven't seen the evidence.

With the hatred thats been put up on this thread, a single thread on an Irish forum, I can totally understand why they say nothing and control what goes out to the media.

I would love to live in the perfect world that so many posters on here live in, where nobody ever does something that they shouldn't.

How many posters who are slating the McCanns have NEVER driven over 50kph in a built up area? What if a child ran out in front of you and you knocked them down? If you had been sticking to the law, the child would probably survive, but by breaking the law, you will probably kill that child. That, in my opinion, is just as negligent as leaving the children unattended, which is why I never do it, I couldn't live with myself if I hit a child while speeding.

People do stupid things every single day, most of us get away with them.

Why dont you just read the police files? Its not just a case of neglect but of concealment of their childs body. The files are readily available with a quick search and several snippets have already been posted in this thread.

Here are the videos if they are of some help to you:

Part1
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/0/yB__7F-Ghpo

Part2
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/5/ozN7NSEX0Kw

Part3
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/4/QLwI30FIqJQ

Part4
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/3/SvXDYVNd4o4

Part5
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/2/-K4sLeaHkPY

Part6
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/1/Jlh4amqA0_c

maebee wrote: »
    I think the poster is referring to the McCanns' globetrotting after the "abduction", when they left the twins with their relatives who had flown out to Portugal.

OK, so they didn't then leave them alone after she was abducted? They can't do right for doing wrong can they?

Why dont you just read the police files? Its not just a case of neglect but of concealment of their childs body. The files are readily available with a quick search and several snippets have already been posted in this thread.

Here are the videos if they are of some help to you:

Part1
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/0/yB__7F-Ghpo

Part2
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/5/ozN7NSEX0Kw

Part3
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/4/QLwI30FIqJQ

Part4
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/3/SvXDYVNd4o4

Part5
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/2/-K4sLeaHkPY

Part6
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Frangendapenik#p/u/1/Jlh4amqA0_c

You really believe that the police have released all the files to the public? if the police have evidence, why haven't they charged them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

OK, so they didn't then leave them alone after she was abducted? They can't do right for doing wrong can they?

No, they did it right, it just took the abduction of their daughter for them to work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Oh FFS, thats ridiculous now. I have been on holiday many times with different foster children. They all loved to go to the holiday play schemes and creches. Much more fun than sitting next to me while I lay on a sunlounger reading a book. Holidays are for parents and children. Yes, in my case we would spend time each day together at the poolside or at the beach, but it would be me usually asking the kids to stay with me, they would want to be off with the friends they'd made playing. Why do you think holiday resorts have these facilities?

Well they had babysitting facilities but apparently leaving them alone and the door unlocked was safer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

You really believe that the police have released all the files to the public? if the police have evidence, why haven't they charged them?

You refuse to look at any of the evidence presented..........

K-9 wrote: »
    Well they had babysitting facilities but apparently leaving them alone and the door unlocked was safer.

Yeah, but read what I was quoting please. The poster was attacking them for leaving their children in the creche on the holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Oh right, so they left them with babysitters, and they're wrong. They don't leave them with babysitters and they're wrong.

Hmmm:rolleyes:

The point is that they trusted these babysitters to look after their kids during the day then all of a sudden they didn't trust these same babysitters to look after their kids in the evening. Does that not seem a tad strange to you?

If anyone has double standards hers it was the McCanns.

• Advertisement

You refuse to look at any of the evidence presented..........

Those youtube links weren't to the police files, they were to a documentary.

I don't refuse to look at the evidence, I don't know what happened, I wasn't there, I haven't seen the evidence, and neither have you. You have seen what the media want you to see.

I just don't see how anybody on here, who has never been involved in this case (I don't think) can spout so much hatred to parents who's child is missing.

Maybe they did kill her, accidentally or otherwise, maybe they did conceal her body, I don't know, and neither does anyone else on here. So, innocent until proven guilty is enshrined in law, a law that I and everyone else here has to live by.

So they put their children into a creche most days up to 5:30 , spent a couple of hours with them, got them ready for bed and then left them alone from 8:30?
    Is that correct?
    If it is, why did they bother to bring them at all.
    They should have left them with relatives and went on holiday on their own.

That's correct. I'll have a look for the creche records and post them here. That's the point I was trying to make. Why did they bring them at all? They spent very little time with them during the days and left them alone every night.

We've done to Butlins/Pontins holidays when our kids were young and they visited the kids' clubs (half hour in the morning & half hour in the evening, I think) but we never signed them into a creche for the whole day as was the case here. What's the point in bringing them on holiday with you if you don't spend time with them?

TheZohan wrote: »
    The point is that they trusted these babysitters to look after their kids during the day then all of a sudden they didn't trust these same babysitters to look after their kids in the evening. Does that not seem a tad strange to you?

If anyone has double standards hers it was the McCanns.

I have never defended them leaving the children alone, ever. But when they did leave the children with the creche (not babysitters) posters attack them.

Actually though, I can see a difference between leaving children during the day in a creche with lots of people and other children there, and having a stranger alone in an apartment with children. Again, before I get jumped on, I am not defending them leaving the children unattended.

That's correct. I'll have a look for the creche records and post them here. That's the point I was trying to make. Why did they bring them at all? They spent very little time with them during the days and left them alone every night.

We've done to Butlins/Pontins holidays when our kids were young and they visited the kids' clubs (half hour in the morning & half hour in the evening, I think) but we never signed them into a creche for the whole day as was the case here. What's the point in bringing them on holiday with you if you don't spend time with them?

But its not illegal, what business is it of yours or anyone else's how someone spends their holiday?

I've been to hotels abroad and the children's club would run from 10am in the morning until 4/5pm. I've also been to Butlins where I haven't seen the children (10/11/12 year olds) from breakfast until dinner because they've been off doing the activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I have never defended them leaving the children alone, ever. But when they did leave the children with the creche (not babysitters) posters attack them.

Actually though, I can see a difference between leaving children during the day in a creche with lots of people and other children there, and having a stranger alone in an apartment with children. Again, before I get jumped on, I am not defending them leaving the children unattended.

I think they were saying putting them in a creche all day, ok, not what many would call a family holiday for a three year old and under 2s, and dubious about how much enjoyment they might get at their young age, but ok.

But to then decide that having spent the day away from them, they THEN choose to spend the evening apart from them as well, you may as well have left them home with grandparents, brothers/sisters etc who you can trust, as spending one or two hours of a day with children is not what most would call a family holiday. I think that an entire day spent away from children on a holiday is NOT a family holiday.

Homer wrote: »
    What about the Irish family that flew to Portugal and were prepared to testify that it was Gerry Mc Cann they saw carrying Madeleine the evening that she disappeared?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I don't refuse to look at the evidence, I don't know what happened, I wasn't there, I haven't seen the evidence, and neither have you. You have seen what the media want you to see.

I just don't see how anybody on here, who has never been involved in this case (I don't think) can spout so much hatred to parents who's child is missing.

Maybe they did kill her, accidentally or otherwise, maybe they did conceal her body, I don't know, and neither does anyone else on here. So, innocent until proven guilty is enshrined in law, a law that I and everyone else here has to live by.

As I said earlier, I don't think anybody is spouting hatred?
    People are merely voicing their opinion on what happended.
    Pointing to information that has become public, contradictory statements, evidence found by the sniffer dogs, the fact that Kate refused to answer so many questions etc.
    This is not a witch hunt , it is only people giving their opinion on what is an intriguing case.
    i would hate to be right on any of this as the thought of anything happening my kids would destroy me.
    They havent done themselves any favours with their actions throughout.
    This book (ghost written by JK bloody Rowling) is just another reason for people to have doubts.
    They have been questions before about fund money, the fund then became a PLC.
    Money was used to pay mortgage and to pay for hotel stays etc.
    Would they not like to step back from the limelight and grieve for their missing daughter in peace?
    I know people grieve in different ways but their behaviour has been strange to say the least.
    Vidoes of Gerry laughing and joking days after the abduction etc.
    Can you not see why people are suspicious of them, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I don't why you think you'd be jumped upon, or in other posts you refer to posters hatred of the McCann's, I think you are taking this a bit too seriously.

Anyway, the case has never been solved so people are going to draw their own conclusions from the information available, don't see what is wrong with that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The McCanns refuse to co-operate with the Portugese police and so the case there is now closed, they have appointed a former government spin doctor for their PR and a world renowned extradition lawyer as part of their legal team. This is all paid for through the Madeline charity PLC

Would cooperating with the authorities not be a better way to find the child rather than jetting off home?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,674 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They should have a fairly cosy and easy chat with Ryan Tubridy.

As some have said, they may not be the abductors of Madeleine, but they sure did wrap her up and advertise her for abduction. They might as well have put a big ad in the local paper saying that three children are alone tonight, help yourselves.

• Advertisement

As I said earlier, I don't think anybody is spouting hatred?
    People are merely voicing their opinion on what happended.
    Pointing to information that has become public, contradictory statements, evidence found by the sniffer dogs, the fact that Kate refused to answer so many questions etc.
    This is not a witch hunt , it is only people giving their opinion on what is an intriguing case.
    i would hate to be right on any of this as the thought of anything happening my kids would destroy me.
    They havent done themselves any favours with their actions throughout.
    This book (ghost written by JK bloody Rowling) is just another reason for people to have doubts.
    They have been questions before about fund money, the fund then became a PLC.
    Money was used to pay mortgage and to pay for hotel stays etc.
    Would they not like to step back from the limelight and grieve for their missing daughter in peace?
    I know people grieve in different ways but their behaviour has been strange to say the least.
    Vidoes of Gerry laughing and joking days after the abduction etc.
    Can you not see why people are suspicious of them, really?

I'm guessing you haven't actually read the whole thread?

BTW, no, JK Rowling did not ghost write the book, another 'mistake' that is peddled as the truth:D
    K-9 wrote: »
    I don't why you think you'd be jumped upon, or in other posts you refer to posters hatred of the McCann's, I think you are taking this a bit too seriously.

Anyway, the case has never been solved so people are going to draw their own conclusions from the information available, don't see what is wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with that, but maybe you're also not reading the posts that are full of hatred towards the parents.

Anyhoo, I'm still waiting to hear from all the righteous posters about whether or not they've ever driven faster than 50kph in a built up area where children might be playing.

The McCanns refuse to co-operate with the Portugese police and so the case there is now closed, they have appointed a former government spin doctor for their PR and a world renowned extradition lawyer as part of their legal team. This is all paid for through the Madeline charity PLC

Would cooperating with the authorities not be a better way to find the child rather than jetting off home?

As far as I'm aware, it was never actually called a charity:rolleyes:

So they saw him at 10pm, is that not around the time that Madeleine was discovered missing, and Gerry was sat at a table in the restaurant, surrounded by witnesses? Including staff members, not just his friends?

So they saw him at 10pm, is that not around the time that Madeleine was discovered missing, and Gerry was sat at a table in the restaurant, surrounded by witnesses? Including staff members, not just his friends?

Just read the whole thing will save you making lots of assumptions on here

I'm guessing you haven't actually read the whole thread?

BTW, no, JK Rowling did not ghost write the book, another 'mistake' that is peddled as the truth:D

Nothing wrong with that, but maybe you're also not reading the posts that are full of hatred towards the parents.

Anyhoo, I'm still waiting to hear from all the righteous posters about whether or not they've ever driven faster than 50kph in a built up area where children might be playing.

I have read every single page.
    Every single statement (that has been made public)
    The smith family statement, have watched all the interviews etc.
    Sorry JK was 'consulted" regarding the writing of the book, was that a good idea?
    I have to say I think you have blinkers on if you can't see the obvious.
    Can you not see the lies and contradictions from the statements?
    Have you actually read the statements?
    Are you not one bit suspicious of any of this?

But its not illegal, what business is it of yours or anyone else's how someone spends their holiday?

Of course it's not illegal and maybe it isn't my business. Like every other person on this thread, I am trying to understand why this particular holiday ended up with one child missing. That's all.

Sorry JK was 'consulted" regarding the writing of the book, was that a good idea?

There are quite a few people here that point blank refuse to even look at the evidence that is put forward, but prefer to throw up straw man arguements.

quite strange considering they are actual statements and not newspaper crap.
    I am starting to think people don't want to know what really happened that night.
    I will say again and I really do believe this, if it was a normal joe soap couple from inner city Dublin or the like the kids would have been take from them.

Just read the whole thing will save you making lots of assumptions on here

Me make assumptions? How many times? I don't know what happened, I have not assumed anything unlike a lot of other posters on here who also don't know what happened.

OK, to rephrase that was the time, is that better?

• Advertisement

When have I ever said that I'm not suspicious? But being suspicious and accusing the parents of being involved are two very different things. Personally I would rather err on the side of caution. Those people are missing their child, if they had nothing to do with it, then what kind of hell must they be going through? If they were involved, then I hope they are brought to justice.

But then you'd know those are my feelings on it, if you had read the thread:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement